Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1638685106

Every PvP server has a horde majority...
That's because paladins are only good healers.... shamans are more fun

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 08-22-2019, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

This is cool. You guys playing the same shit on private servers except with sharding. good for you little buddies. See you again when you get bored by yearend
Old 08-22-2019, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is cool. You guys playing the same shit on private servers except with sharding. good for you little buddies. See you again when you get bored by yearend
If raiding on p99 was fun we wouldn't have a need to play classic WoW. Bat phones, tracking, fte races, bizarre raid times, 1 dimensional raid targets... sorry mate, won't miss it. You do you though.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's most likely not going to be. Plus alliance have paladins. That's a pretty solid advantage. Hence why the top raid guild during classic is rolling alliance. Dude has no clue what he's talking about.
Raids aren't 25 man in classic. You don't need Paladins. It was probably tougher for Horde when the content was new for sure but now days half your raiders aren't clueless.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's because paladins are only good healers.... shamans are more fun
Yeah that Mead fella was pretty clueless.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But your counter post is weak because that is what WOW was setup for and part of the reason for its massive success.
Actually the massive success WoW endured was primarily because Blizzard already had an insanely large fanbase behind it due to success like Warcraft 1-3, Starcraft, and Diablo 1-2. It was also a game that had 5 years of development, one of which was strictly for ironing out bugs which is why it didn't have issues with player drops due to a crappy buggy launch..

Quote:
M59 wasn't a blockbuster, neither was UO, EQ, DAOC, Shadowbane, Star Wars online etc. They served a small audience and didn't really care about making everyone happy.
EQ hit a peak of 500k in 2003 before declining after. That was a lot more than other MMO's at the time, though by then FFXI had already surpassed it in subscription numbers. But with others like AC, DAoC, and UO it was significantly higher. That's like saying Doom was a niche when you compare to the sales of games like Call of Duty.

Quote:
WoWs most positive traits are also what causes it to be hated by some of us, including myself.
I understand that. It annoys me when people think Blizzard is doing something innovative with creating a classic server. It annoys me when people forget about the countless other MMO's that existed before WoW and think WoW created it all. Ultimately though that comes down to the pure neglect on how those companies handled their franchise IP's for them to eventually fade into obscurity. The people who ran SoE were fucking retarded and throughout the early 2000's they made bad decision after bad decision ultimately coming off as greedy, out of touch, and delusional to the point where people just didn't care nor wanted to bother with what they pushed out.

But ultimately, people liked Classic WoW. And I do remember pre-WoW a lot of EQ1 chat was talking about moving over to WoW due to travesties like GoD which left a sour taste in many peoples mouths.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:45 AM
Banned

Classic WoW has been fun. It's a little annoying that they did this patch 1.12 thing -- which means among other things that Ragnaros is WAAAY easier than he actually was on launch back in the day.

Hence, that Apes guild downed it first week with like 1 level 60 and a bunch of sub 60s (many not even 50). Now of course they were always going to do it autisticly fast, But they literally couldn't have this fast if they weren't up against the thrice nerfed version of Rag.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1638685106

Every PvP server has a horde majority...
This was a pool of like 36K people across all servers, maybe 2K per server giving a response. Wouldn't really take this as accurate. I do think Horde has a majority but Alliance has it's benefits so typically some of the larger raid guilds go Alliance. Rag has been downed by Alliance on private server launches and classic.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic WoW has been fun. It's a little annoying that they did this patch 1.12 thing -- which means among other things that Ragnaros is WAAAY easier than he actually was on launch back in the day.

Hence, that Apes guild downed it first week with like 1 level 60 and a bunch of sub 60s (many not even 50). Now of course they were always going to do it autisticly fast, But they literally couldn't have this fast if they weren't up against the thrice nerfed version of Rag.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. You're not wrong.

You're saying you find it "a little annoying" which is reasonable. But there are some people, even in my guild, that are way to triggered over this.

We have one level 60 and 14-16 level 50s. How fast other people kill Rag and Ony has no effect on us. And I'm sure glad I didn't have to spend my final 5 levels grinding elementals in Silithis which, I assume, is how they got the faction to spawn Majordomo.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raids aren't 25 man in classic. You don't need Paladins. It was probably tougher for Horde when the content was new for sure but now days half your raiders aren't clueless.
3 words: Blessing of Salvation

threat generation / aggro is huge in classic...why do you think APES are alliance?

Sure, your fury warriors on horde side are gonna have the top melee parses...but when locks get enough gear for DS / Ruin and mages get gear for rolling ignites...GL using all that to its fullest potential. Alliance kills bosses faster and easier than horde, with the exception of Viscidus in AQ40.

Side note lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyWtVZNZwVs&t=40s
Last edited by kjs86z; 09-05-2019 at 02:42 PM..
Closed Thread