Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 05:53 AM
Sarnak

Default Are Warrior disciplines supposed to share a cooldown?

recently just got into using my discs. Currently have Fearless, evasive, and charge. When I recently used one, I was unable to use either of the other two. Do they all share a cooldown? and if so, does that mean whatever the cooldown is for that disc is how long you have to wait to use another discipline?
Old 09-29-2018, 06:16 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, all of the disciplines have the same cooldown. To check how long until you can disc again, enter /disc. Its almost always worth it to save for evasive. Defensive on giant monsters, precision for the rare times when youre going to want use an offensive disc over keeping a defensive one up just in case.
<The Second Sons>
Old 09-29-2018, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

The good news is that each time you level the cool down for your discs gets shorter.

By 60 you can spend a significant proportion of your time under the effects of evasive!
Old 09-29-2018, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
recently just got into using my discs. Currently have Fearless, evasive, and charge. When I recently used one, I was unable to use either of the other two. Do they all share a cooldown? and if so, does that mean whatever the cooldown is for that disc is how long you have to wait to use another discipline?
Whenever you use a discipline, you can't use any of the disciplines again for a specific period of time. How long you have to wait until you can use another discipline depends on which discipline you used. I posted the cool down times below.

Fearless Discipline 60 Min
Evasive Discipline 7 min (at 60, cool down time shrinks as you level)
Charge Discipline 30 Min
Mighty Strike Discipline 60 Min
Defensive Discipline 10 Min (at 60, cool down time shrinks as you level)
Furious Discipline 60 Min
Precision Discipline 30 Min
Felstrike Discipline 30 Min
Fortitude Discipline 60 Min
Aggressive Discipline 27 Min
Old 09-29-2018, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

The way discs are set up sugests to me that there are supposed to be three separate cooldowns for discs, one for the defensive (10 min discs) one for the 3 minute damage (30 min discs) and one for the spike damage discs (60 min discs). But I don't think there was enough evidence to prove otherwise hence all discs share the same cd. Thats just my speculation however, I think this answers part of your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The way discs are set up sugests to me that there are supposed to be three separate cooldowns for discs, one for the defensive (10 min discs) one for the 3 minute damage (30 min discs) and one for the spike damage discs (60 min discs). But I don't think there was enough evidence to prove otherwise hence all discs share the same cd. Thats just my speculation however, I think this answers part of your question.
This wasn't changed until LDoN, long after the p99's timeline:

Code:
December 18, 2003

** Melee enhancements ** 

All Disciplines now require an expenditure of endurance to use. They 
still have a re-use timer, and they can't be used more often than the 
timer allows. 

Disciplines have now been divided into a few different timers.