Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 10:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
invite me
Like I know how to do rhat
Old 06-20-2019, 10:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our raid was already at Vulak before the Aary FTE went out. We never had any intent of going for Aary.

Like I said, it was from a member going LD earlier in the day when a storm knocked out his internet. It was an accidental in every sense of the word, but we were afraid to call it as that has cost us concessions previously (the same can't be said for AG...).

Before the Aary FTE went out we were already aware Vulak was no longer invulnerable. We were hoping that Riot & Co didn't, and that the timer would expire before Riot realised and/or killed the 6 guards.

We were already 1/3 of the way way through the lockout when we were trained with Vulak guards.

The facts are:
  • We got trained by Vulak guards by a Riot pull. Riot did it knowing there wouldn't be consequences. I'm happy to accept that we were on the tracks, as long as that standard is held when the roles are reversed.
  • One of our members dragged the Riot train out of our camp and (unfortunately) took it to Riot's.
  • We immediately conceded Vulak and waited a further 30 minutes before engaging another target.
  • The member who trained was guild kicked when Detoxx got back from vacation.

What part of any of my responses here do you think I'm trying to fool anyone with?
The part I was specifically addressing was the part where you tried to make it sound like Riot was intentionally training you. They gave you every opportunity to move out of the way, and you had no legitimate reason to be standing your raid where you were. I could understand if you had been up by PoM or out of the way eastward, waiting for your 30 minutes to be up, but instead you were all sitting right at 4 way, after being asked to move and still 20 minutes away from being able to begin any pulls. I'm no mind reader, but it sure looks like you were intentionally in the way to to stall.
P99ers do a lot of things well. Handling surprise adds / splitting up focus is not one of them. Mostly because the classes that do that the best (SK/Paladins) are generally trashed and considered useless, and because pulls are considered failures if a dragons doesn't appear at the zone line solo.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
We got trained by Vulak guards by a Riot pull. Riot did it knowing there wouldn't be consequences.
Quote:
One of our members dragged the Riot train out of our camp and (unfortunately) took it to Riot's.

The only "unfortunate" thing that happened was your story about someone logging into get Aary FTE for AM.

Once you were locked in to that, it was your own fault for getting "trained" at 4 way. Riot/AG waited, and waited, and warned in ooc before pulling flurries to Lady cave.

Riptoes out of frustration trained that shit on purpose and everyone knows it.

I don't feel that AM should have gotten raid suspended as I like a lot of players in AM, but Riptoes def got what he deserved.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that usually AM just waits for Riot/AG to kill the first few flurries anyway, and then jumps into Vulak with 2 left. Was that not going to be your intention that night? Was AM going to clear the Flurries for Riot/AG ? I doubt it.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The part I was specifically addressing was the part where you tried to make it sound like Riot was intentionally training you. They gave you every opportunity to move out of the way, and you had no legitimate reason to be standing your raid where you were. I could understand if you had been up by PoM or out of the way eastward, waiting for your 30 minutes to be up, but instead you were all sitting right at 4 way, after being asked to move and still 20 minutes away from being able to begin any pulls. I'm no mind reader, but it sure looks like you were intentionally in the way to to stall.
Why are they mutually exclusive? I said I'm happy to accept we were sitting on the tracks, as long as that standard is upheld if the roles are reversed.

Riot deliberately pulled the drakes and dropped them within LoS of us knowing that they could argue it was collateral from being on the tracks. That doesn't change it from being an intentional train either.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are they mutually exclusive? I said I'm happy to accept we were sitting on the tracks, as long as that standard is upheld if the roles are reversed.

Riot deliberately pulled the drakes and dropped them within LoS of us knowing that they could argue it was collateral from being on the tracks. That doesn't change it from being an intentional train either.
it does change it because it was your choice to sit in the pull path learn to play nice

hope this helps
Old 06-20-2019, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it does change it because it was your choice to sit in the pull path learn to play nice

hope this helps
We weren’t in the pull path...who gets to decide what the pull path is? That’s incredibly subjective. Like I said, Riot Guard and AM both used the hallway only the week prior to split out guards. All the sudden 4 way is “standing on the tracks”. Smells like bullshit to me. We were trained because they knew they could get away with it. They never stopped sending eyeballs to let the dragons path back to split one. Just kept bringing them closer and closer to LOS until they aggrod.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hope this helps
Let me know when your reading comprehension improves enough to realise that training people deliberately is still intentionally training people even if you know that you won't be punished because they're "on the tracks".
Old 06-20-2019, 10:33 PM
Fire Giant

Also, we were set up at Vulak before FTE went out on Aary. Aary also spawned while we were all in north. All guilds were DQd from Aary until we left the wing. Therefore, the accidental FTE on Aary shouldn’t even have mattered, but we went with it anyway.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also just a heads up

Riptoes was the mage that trained you since i know you guys like our sloppy seconds like Magerin.
Apped 5/15. Feedback on 5/16. Evidence 5/17. Removed 5/18.

Pretty sure we still moved faster than AM.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:44 PM
Sarnak

We didn't train you deliberately, this is a lie. Our interest was in splitting and killing the guards quickly, and stood to gain nothing from you guys wiping because you *were locked out anyway*. We *warned you in ooc* that you were in our pull path and you had no reason to be there. In the past when AM was on the Lady M side and we were at Kriezenn, we kept our raid back out of line of sight of the 4-way.

You tried unsuccessfully to impede us from splitting and killing the guards quickly. Your raid leader made a terrible call. Own it.
Closed Thread