Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 05:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this thread lacks contradiction.

My opinion is that soloing mob X is great, but what really matters is "having mob X on farm status solo".

There's a world of difference beween killing, say, Khelkar or seb Emp as a solo enc, and farming him regularly for fun and profit. Simply because you can get the planets properly aligned for that one kill and pull it off against all odds, but it won't happen over and over.
(Still impressed by that solo enc Khelkar kill though...)

Flames in 3...2..1..
I have no issue with any of that. It's a lot more reasonable than this ridiculous argument. If you are buffed, you are not soloing

Picture this

Shaman sees a necro soloing. Decides to spirit of wolf and regen him.

Suddenly the necro is no longer "true soloing". Hes in some weird sub tier of solo. If hes using consumables and clickies, some even consider him handicapped soloing.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

look i'm not saying I don't like to string up Grizlin and click soulfires on him until the turtle dies or dump eighty billion aggro into Tantor before kiting him around for a month while my scaled and hasted bronto tusks him in the butt. it's alright. but it's not "art", it's a question of rote memorization of one or two counters that negates more than beats the encounter's difficulty to begin with. it's not even a particularly varied toolkit, usually a combination of charm, haste, slow and/or complete heal.

solo artistry is basically the one weird trick mobs hate! of everquest
Old 10-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suddenly the necro is no longer "true soloing". Hes in some weird sub tier of solo. If hes using consumables and clickies, some even consider him handicapped soloing.
See: having language we can use to better communicate with each other is a good thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See: having language we can use to better communicate with each other is a good thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmaooo. You can have that. I ain't even mad at that.

I'm now annoyed with these dildos talking about what they consider solo AND art
Old 10-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Kobold

I was playing on live since I was young, no bigger than a butt plug and i dont remember anyone talking about soloing like this.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Kobold

TANTOR
Old 10-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Picture this

Shaman sees a necro soloing. Decides to spirit of wolf and regen him.

Nobody is talking about somebody grinding mobs in OT here, this is obviously concerning "trophy kills." We're talking achievement soloing here, not just regular grinding.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

ive been practising solo arts for 14 yaers . i'm a 8th dan Solo Artist so you better not mess with me, Bro heim
Old 10-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is talking about somebody grinding mobs in OT here, this is obviously concerning "trophy kills." We're talking achievement soloing here, not just regular grinding.
I was being facetious
Old 10-16-2019, 08:15 PM
Banned

i didnt mean for anyone to get butthurt with my earlier comment I think it's a neat idea, I was just reiterating the reality of the former thread

it doesnt help either that without abusing out of class buffs and clickies no one can do much other than an ENC
Closed Thread