Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2019, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

I just hope there's the option to transfer green characters to red server when the server cycle ends <3
Old 10-24-2019, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just hope there's the option to transfer green characters to red server when the server cycle ends <3
Oh that would be cool. I had not considered that idea.
The choice to transfer to blue OR red.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

If it's not getting wiped, it's a good way to inject population + the pvp opportunities we used to enjoy.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still get a good laugh when ppl on the forums claim green is gonna be difficult, it is not, knowledge is everything and ppl on this server have had 20 years worth, we know all the strats, we know where all the good gear is, we know the good exp camps/quests, i give it a month at most before we start seeing level 50s with BiS gear, then when the planes hit those zones will be a cake walk as well, playing on these servers is for fun not difficulty, even raids arent difficult specially with the use of broken items that shouldnt be used the way they are aka things like the hoop and soulfire. I'll repeat it again, the knowledge is what made classic EQ hard, the vast majority of ppl didnt know where to farm, how to pull certain camps, how to beat a certain boss, the best exp quests, and where to level.
I mean, I’m certainly not some EverQuest Rain Man, I doubt most people outside of the raiding scene are either.

If you can’t see how scraping together your gear and fighting essentially naked most of your life will be more difficult than getting a bunch of money handed to you and instantly having a full set of stat gear on the second day, I don’t know what to tell you.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-24-2019, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, I’m certainly not some EverQuest Rain Man, I doubt most people outside of the raiding scene are either.

If you can’t see how scraping together your gear and fighting essentially naked most of your life will be more difficult than getting a bunch of money handed to you and instantly having a full set of stat gear on the second day, I don’t know what to tell you.
It won’t be difficult, you’re just riding that nostalgia train again. EQ is not a hard game and we know everything there is to know about it. ALS had no problems doing it on blue. Actually going to be easier on green than ALS because you’ll have more people around to group with and a bigger economy to interact with. Plenty of classes that can basically level naked as well.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:07 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we know everything
Maybe you do, lol.

I get it guys, you’re all very very good at EQ, don’t find it difficult and will be in BIS gear before day one is over.

Yeesh...

Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-24-2019 at 09:11 AM..
Old 10-24-2019, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It won’t be difficult, you’re just riding that nostalgia train again. EQ is not a hard game and we know everything there is to know about it. ALS had no problems doing it on blue. Actually going to be easier on green than ALS because you’ll have more people around to group with and a bigger economy to interact with. Plenty of classes that can basically level naked as well.
lotta people in for some rude awakenings about classic everquest and classic emu servers when dreams collide with reality tomorrow
Old 10-24-2019, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lotta people in for some rude awakenings about classic everquest and classic emu servers when dreams collide with reality tomorrow
Yeah, the toughest parts about EQ was always the lack of knowledge and soloability (for many classes). I'd describe EQ as unforgiving rather than difficult. Still, people are going to have a ton of fun on Green and I wish them the best. I'm sure I'll roll something there at some point.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

I’ve figured it out you guys!

Blue is being kept up after Green launches as a “Buzzkill Containment Server”.

That way, those of us who enjoy experiences can all have fun together and the Debbie downer crowd can continue plugging away at their ten years of horded pixels.

It’s really a genius idea.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve figured it out you guys!

Blue is being kept up after Green launches as a “Buzzkill Containment Server”.

That way, those of us who enjoy experiences can all have fun together and the Debbie downer crowd can continue plugging away at their ten years of horded pixels.

It’s really a genius idea.
You're a chill dude on stream but I gotta say you're kind of a dick on the forums. Really disappointing and has turned me off from tuning in again. Not sure why you have such a hard on for shitting on people who like blue server.
Closed Thread