Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 01:16 PM
Skeleton

because people need clarification - refer to the second P99 rule, clarifying the first P99 rule:
You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Again, he contested the camp (kind of aggressively, but that's personal opinion I suppose). I didn't need to be at the spawn while it was uncontested. I told him I was going to keep it, and then I remained near the spawn and made sure to sit on it prior to spawn thereafter.

I held the camp, I had the right to choose which mob to give up. He was free to ask for one of the other spawns, but he chose not to. Again, end of story.

Notice there is no further videos, before or after. no further logs, or discussion pics, etc, because there was nothing to show except him being a troll.

Further rule 2:
Please do your best to use courtesy and common sense when interacting with other players in spawn disputes.

Demanding actions, threatening petitions, flame threads, training, etc is not using courtesy, and he wasn't using common sense when he rolled into a well established camp finding the mob down and then tried to sit on it and steal it the first chance he got.

I can't regurgitate the rules any more clearly - again the GMs will make a ruling if they even entertain it. Take care.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmnec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because people need clarification - refer to the second P99 rule, clarifying the first P99 rule:
You do not necessarily need to be at the spawn point to call it 'claimed' while it is uncontested, however, if someone else wishes to contest the 'camp' you do need to return to the 'camp' and maintain a presence at or very near the spawn(s) in order to hold it. You cannot hold multiple 'camps' if another group wishes to contest one that you are holding. The player holding multiple 'camps' retains the right to choose which 'camp' to give up.

Again, he contested the camp (kind of aggressively, but that's personal opinion I suppose). I didn't need to be at the spawn while it was uncontested. I told him I was going to keep it, and then I remained near the spawn and made sure to sit on it prior to spawn thereafter.

I held the camp, I had the right to choose which mob to give up. He was free to ask for one of the other spawns, but he chose not to. Again, end of story.

Notice there is no further videos, before or after. no further logs, or discussion pics, etc, because there was nothing to show except him being a troll.

Further rule 2:
Please do your best to use courtesy and common sense when interacting with other players in spawn disputes.

Demanding actions, threatening petitions, flame threads, training, etc is not using courtesy, and he wasn't using common sense when he rolled into a well established camp finding the mob down and then tried to sit on it and steal it the first chance he got.

I can't regurgitate the rules any more clearly - again the GMs will make a ruling if they even entertain it. Take care.
You sound like you are retarded and have autism.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmnec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Further rule 2:

You didn't choose to keep it, you tried to charm it and return to your camp lol
Old 11-17-2019, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

ok. Since people do need clarification, I think it’s hilarious where you started your copy paste of from the rule list. I’ll chime in.

Please note:
“ That being said, you can absolutely "camp" mobs, and you cannot steal another players 'camp'. In general, if the placeholder or placeholders for a spawn are being killed, that 'camp' can be considered held by the player doing the killing so long as they are keeping the placeholders (or the room if there are no placeholders) cleared, within the same zone, do not die or log off.

No judgement here about using Osgaren, but to be fair, what you’re doing isn’t “camping” the mob. It’s holding it hostage, and what you did after was intentional kill stealing
Old 11-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kul69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This dumb fucking asshole just trained HHK group over this as if we're all guilty.

First of all, yes, our group had Os all day. You snuck in when you saw it die and made this video. You got one kill then proceeded to sit there like an idiot with the mob up until it was taken from you in spite of being full mana/health indicating you didn't actually hold camp when it got recharmed.

Second, I had nothing to do with this, you just wiped group cause you're a fucking moron and butthurt you couldn't camp this trash mob probably trying to AFK grind exp. P.S. I didn't die from your train.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

you can also see in this picture that this is at least the 2nd time he is killing him and your autistic chanter tried to charm him on the third spawn....soo?
Old 11-17-2019, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Further rule 2:

I don't even know where to start with this.

Are you an expert in bird law when you're not playing p99?
Old 11-17-2019, 03:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know where to start with this.

Are you an expert in bird law when you're not playing p99?
Why would you argue server rules if you don’t even play here?
Old 11-17-2019, 03:56 PM
Skeleton

you understand osargen is on a super fast respawn, like 4m or something, this isn't guk with mobs on a 20+m timer. two kills is literally like 4-5m, which we probably weren't even done with clearing the train when the first one popped. after we cleared the train, which at that time we were not being contested, and casually medded up I ran back over to pick up the spawn again, it was down so i sat on the spawn for pop.

We both engage simultaneously and after loosing the spawn he sent me tell as hes shown, I replied as shown, and then i discussed with the party. by the time I replied just to say I was talking with the group about the situation - he had already petitioned me. This is my perspective.

He claimed three kills, again - its a very fast spawn, so as I said it was possible but three seemed like a stretch. But the number of times he ninja'd the spawn is irrelevant, the spawn was part of a well established claimed camp that he didn't ask to contest - and yes, per the rules you have to ask and the current owners get to choose what they keep - I don't know why this being treated like some new concept. You don't get to just roll into a camp, train it, sit on a spawns, etc to take it over.

The real shady business which is being overlooked is how long was Filldabuss ninja contesting the spawn before he baited this stunt? the reality is, when you look outside this like 5m window Filldabuss has provided is that osargen was camped for hours. we get mysteriously trained, and then within the time period it takes to clear the train and med a bit Filldabuss is on scene instantly taking up a spawn in our camp? has fraps running ready to go, instantly petitions? Like i said, the whole encounter was transparent and ridiculous but I guess if you cant read between the lines you had to be there.

All this drama over 5m and a non loot mob that's been the enchanter pet for the basement camp since the dawn of time. Guy is acting like he was holding efreeti for hours and I came in and charm stole Djarn… give me a break...

anyways, we obviously disagree on the camping rules. I'll await GM clarification per your petition.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:59 PM
Kobold

You dont have to ask someone to give the camp up if the mob is up and at its spawn point.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The fact he was ready to go filming away tells me he expected what was about to happen, so yeah, I can see he might have been the one who started this entire mess. Even if he did come down there to train purposely to screw y'all over and take your pet, his actions aren't recorded. You KSing clearly is and the rest is history.
Closed Thread