Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

I think an iksar is better off doing FoB until 12ish, going into Kurns until 16, and then going back out to FoB and killing mobs around the base of the tower until 20. Way more higher level mobs out there than in Kurns.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Play the race you can stand to look at for hours upon hours.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Banned

You can also just FD at the bank and bank normally...If you dont roll iskar you will have regerts
Old 07-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

I play a human necro and love it. I preferred to start out in Freeport where I knew the lay of the land and had access to immediate groups from 6-25 in close by zones.

Honestly though, just play the one you want to spend the time with, cause the grind is real!
Old 07-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

i fkin hate iksar and will never play one but they are absolutely the best race for anything that trolls or ogres can't be.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

I just rolled a necro, and had similar issues with choosing a race. Deep down wanted to be a gnome (because gnomes are awesome), but ended up going Iksar due to all the recommendations.

I just got level 13 last night and I can say I'm already extremely happy to have chosen Iksar. Aside from all the obvious stuff listed above, Starting in cabilis is awesome! I hated it at first because it was unfamiliar and rugged, but every night I've ended up grouping with anywhere from 3-5 other lowbie iksars and destroying stuff like a plague. I play off hours, so zones are always low population, but any people I've come across in field of bone or kurns have always been happy to team up. I had a group in kurns yesterday that have 5 necros. Watching the swarm of pets devouring skeles was a thing of beauty. And they're all Iksar! You feel some sort of silly pride in smashing shit with your scaley brothers. I've had way better luck finding groups on my lowbie necro in cab than I ever did with my enchanter in Freeport.

Also, field of bones and Kurns tower have to be the absolute best starting areas for a necro. Everything is undead. Once you get lvl 8 and get ward undead you destroy. I was soloing yellows and reds in Kurns at level 10. And by the time you're ready to leave these zones, you'll be so stocked up on bone chips you may never have to farm again.

Downside is you're far away from EC and generally everything, but that's not the worst thing in the world.

All hail the scale!
Old 07-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just rolled a necro, and had similar issues with choosing a race. Deep down wanted to be a gnome (because gnomes are awesome), but ended up going Iksar due to all the recommendations.

I just got level 13 last night and I can say I'm already extremely happy to have chosen Iksar. Aside from all the obvious stuff listed above, Starting in cabilis is awesome! I hated it at first because it was unfamiliar and rugged, but every night I've ended up grouping with anywhere from 3-5 other lowbie iksars and destroying stuff like a plague. I play off hours, so zones are always low population, but any people I've come across in field of bone or kurns have always been happy to team up. I had a group in kurns yesterday that have 5 necros. Watching the swarm of pets devouring skeles was a thing of beauty. And they're all Iksar! You feel some sort of silly pride in smashing shit with your scaley brothers. I've had way better luck finding groups on my lowbie necro in cab than I ever did with my enchanter in Freeport.

Also, field of bones and Kurns tower have to be the absolute best starting areas for a necro. Everything is undead. Once you get lvl 8 and get ward undead you destroy. I was soloing yellows and reds in Kurns at level 10. And by the time you're ready to leave these zones, you'll be so stocked up on bone chips you may never have to farm again.

Downside is you're far away from EC and generally everything, but that's not the worst thing in the world.

All hail the scale!
Tails and Scales for the win.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i fkin hate iksar and will never play one but they are absolutely the best race for anything that trolls or ogres can't be.
How can you have an iksar Halfling!?
Old 07-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you have an iksar Halfling!?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uteunayr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Touché!
Closed Thread