Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2016, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

The good news is with the xp weekend red's pop has returned to being 10% of blue (as per OP's request), up from the 5% it was circling at.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:53 AM
Kobold

if it was tz/vz or sz rule set that would be fun. don't care about xteaming at the end game as we've all been beating that horse to death for 18 years lol
Old 07-10-2016, 06:28 AM
Banned

Don't bother with red.

It could be an excellent server if staff bothered to invest some time, but hey, look at what happened to Discord.

On that note, don't bother with blue either.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These kinds of PVPer are the worst of gaming humanity. These fiends thrive on causing distress and discomfort to others. They kill for no reason other than sport. They don't kill for any noble cause. They are cowards that prey on the weak, inexperienced and unprepared. I have never found PVP to be about skill, it's quite the contrary.
Silly mentality imo. Alot of people say that in Dark Souls games, saying that invaders are jerks and griefers and if they're so good they should just do consentual pvp at some arenas.

Random pvp is thrilling. I enjoy it both sides, wether it's a dude trying to jump me in South Karanas while I'm trying to kill a gnoll, or wether I'm the guy jumping the dude. One of the best parts about red was how much you needed to pay more attention to what you were doing. You couldn't just tab out and afk between mobs. You didn't want to have a bad buff order with your sow ontop. You wanted top slots free to dispel some dots or whatever. You didn't want to fight gnolls until you were oom, only to see a dude attack you while you can't fight back. You wanna spam /who and see who's in the zone, if it's a potential hostile, you gotta spin the camera to see if someone's approaching. Gotta have your pvp spells ready too, not just the pve stuff. It adds alot to the game.

The special cases who show up with their raid buffed fungi twink rogues then send derpy hate tells afterwards are straight griefers tho. It's pretty much abusing loopholes in game mechanics so they can't lose anymore. Hence again why the expansions ruin EQ PVP. Class balance gets wonky, fungis and big twink weapons come out, resists and gear gap gets absolutely insane with Velious. Reboot red pls pls.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

Red player Come to Blue and let The 50 People Server die[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People really should play on Red now (if they want to do p1999 in the first place) unless they are super-invested in Blue. You get an exp bonus, shit isn't overcamped, and you get some extra excitement of occasional PvP. There's a chance now for multiple top guilds to eventually form as well, allowing for actual competition at the top, in a far more fun way than the idiocy of Blue server.
I started on red.
Got to level 54
Switched to blue

Best decision ever. Red sucks ass
Old 07-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Banned

u gon get griefed
Old 07-11-2016, 02:17 PM
Fire Giant

i tried swarm kiting on red, was bad at it, died several times and ragequit.

my anger toward red is more associated with the fact that i couldn't hack it as a bard than anything to do with pvp.

although i read now that you can use 3rd party programs to make it mindless.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickled_heretic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i tried swarm kiting on red, was bad at it, died several times and ragequit.

my anger toward red is more associated with the fact that i couldn't hack it as a bard than anything to do with pvp.

although i read now that you can use 3rd party programs to make it mindless.
There is no reason to use 3rd party programs. Kiting is just a matter or keeping your character just close enough to the mobs to land the AoE. Heck, I rarely kite in circles anymore, especially when I'm doing it in an area where there are roamers that I do not wish to have add.