Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

Love my CoS. I think I got it for 3k before Velious. I just came back and totally forgot about the nerf and was surprised to see one for 8k. Either way, I wouldn't sell it. Made my SK a boss. I then saw the new one for like 700pp and then totally remembered that the nerfed version was here.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Cos is good for every day moving around, breaking charmed pets, etc. Ovp is good for some more advanced pulling techniques in places you haven't jacked your threateningly faction up yet.

There is going to be far less Ovp than CoS. Every class could solo the goblin bodyguard for years. Not every class could solo the councilors for the 6 months(way too long) or whatever it was before they got nerfed out.

Edit- better to sink your plat in to holgresh beads if you want return on investment

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Last edited by Nuggie; 07-13-2016 at 02:41 AM..
Old 07-13-2016, 07:59 AM
Sarnak

OVP simply because of the lower supply of them on the server and the helpfulness they provide to the majority of classes in raising Velious factions as well as traveling through places like SG unbothered (assuming you've never hunted there).

CoS are more prevalent across the server and only serve 2 classes.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit- better to sink your plat in to holgresh beads if you want return on investment
Holgresh Bead market is going to crash IMO - the item honestly isn't that great for any class besides monks, and I can think of only a few places where its actually useful, Halls of testing being the stand out
Old 07-13-2016, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holgresh Bead market is going to crash IMO - the item honestly isn't that great for any class besides monks, and I can think of only a few places where its actually useful, Halls of testing being the stand out
They are good for SKs and Necros who are both able to lifetap the eye. Great for a reduction to recovery time.

Since they were farmed 24/7 due to our knowing the nerf was coming, I do agree the market will eventually crash for them.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are good for SKs and Necros who are both able to lifetap the eye. Great for a reduction to recovery time.

Since they were farmed 24/7 due to our knowing the nerf was coming, I do agree the market will eventually crash for them.
I am under the belief that you have never actually used Holgresh Beads on a SK or Necro if you are honestly saying they are good for this class...1) Giant pain in the ass casting and targeting the eye 2) you can not cast the eye with any form of pet up, skeleton, charm, or otherwise 3) It does not increase recovery time in any measurable way since all you need to do is lich to full mana and vex/bond a mob...the eye is completely unnecessary.

the ONLY use for Holgresh beads are for monk pulling...Paired with Feign death its not that bad...Necro FD would be super sketchy to use and it would not be "if" you died, but "when". If you are on a raid and need an eye, ask any bard to click their 1k helmet that is a common drop.

Or, carry 2pp stalking probes for the 4-5 times per year where a necro/SK might actually utilize an eye for tapping purposes.

EDIT: I can see an VERY outside use for the eye when solo charming as a necro and things get sideways and you need life after you kill pet, but even then, Stalking Probes...But I have Iskar regen and Z heart, so F Holgresh Beads
Last edited by Spyder73; 07-13-2016 at 01:54 PM..
Old 07-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Um... no.

Eye is very useful for necromancers when they need to recover from a tough fight, a res, or any situation that leaves them with low hp and/or low mana. It simply reduces the downtime in these situations.

In some situations you'll be able to beat the respawns (or meat some other deadline) thanks to the eye.

Also, you can use the eye to aggro, mana-free, a bunch of mobs you don't have LoS to, and have extensive time to root / FD etc.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Um... no.
You make no valid points in your argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eye is very useful for necromancers when they need to recover from a tough fight, a res, or any situation that leaves them with low hp and/or low mana. It simply reduces the downtime in these situations.
You cant cast it with any type of pet up, so please tell me how this helps a necro. How often do you not have a pet up while hunting? The proper answer is "never", unless you just killed a charm pet, in which case you could have just life taped the pet to kill him. The "raid recovery" function of the eye is minimal. Source: have raided with the beads on my necromancer

Quote:
In some situations you'll be able to beat the respawns (or meat some other deadline) thanks to the eye.
How on earth does the eye help you beat a respawn? This makes no sense and the necro skeleton is superior to the eye in every conceivable way besides mana (which is almost a non factor to necro due to Lich)

Quote:
Also, you can use the eye to aggro, mana-free, a bunch of mobs you don't have LoS to, and have extensive time to root / FD etc.
or you can send in and sacrifice a level 5 pet that is 1000x more powerful, controllable, and less of a pain in the ass than the 5 HP eye that disappears after 20 seconds.

You can not have the eye and a pet up at the same time - this is the ciritical flaw in the Elder Beads from a necro perspective. The eye becomes your pet, and it is the worst pet possible in any situation.
Last edited by Spyder73; 07-13-2016 at 04:29 PM..
Old 07-13-2016, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Here's a crazy idea: if you don't like it, don't buy it!
Old 07-13-2016, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a crazy idea: if you don't like it, don't buy it!
I had 2!!! Sold one for 100k to buy Z heart and the other is on my monk where it belongs.

The one off the necro is the one I sold, I used maybe once the entire time leveling up. The one on the monk I pull HoT with and....nothing else.
Closed Thread