Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizersoze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could 100 level 20s even kill naggy, vox, or phinny?
No. They'd die instantly. But that's not where the fun would be had at those levels. Mid level dungeons would be the thing to raid. Such a thing would only be a novelty though and wouldn't hold as a guild. Though it might be cool to organize a level 20 "Pick-Up" raid/dungeon crawl sometime as an event.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

100 level 20 mages could chain pets at Naggy. Naggy can only kill one pet per round meleeing, and a bunch AEing. But with having 100 mages constantly sending pets on him, there should always be enough pets spawning and taunting him.

Maybe he would die eventually, I dunno. I mean, 100 pets is a lot of pets.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

I’d be down for a lvl 20 thing but with twinking can make a lvl 20 like a lvl 40. However in my opinion game is most fun around lvl 20-45 or so.
Last edited by ScottBerta; 07-04-2019 at 12:13 PM..
Old 07-04-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

The game is heavily based off dnd and 20 is sort of the max level in dnd. So it's possible that at some point in development that it was going to be the max, but if so it was something they probably abandoned pretty quick.
Old 07-04-2019, 04:35 PM
Banned

The more likely reason is they ran out of time or rushed it or maybe thought quests for random shit like fishing poles and animal skins were not worth the time.
Old 07-05-2019, 11:02 AM
Skeleton

The skills are a way of slowing down fights while everyone is still learning their classes. By 20 you should mostly have the hang of things, at least how the devs originally intended.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100 level 20 mages could chain pets at Naggy. Naggy can only kill one pet per round meleeing, and a bunch AEing. But with having 100 mages constantly sending pets on him, there should always be enough pets spawning and taunting him.

Maybe he would die eventually, I dunno. I mean, 100 pets is a lot of pets.
I can’t even imagine the pets being alive long enough to hit naggy. Even if they did he’d probably Regen hps quicker than the dmg received.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can’t even imagine the pets being alive long enough to hit naggy. Even if they did he’d probably Regen hps quicker than the dmg received.

Naggy casts AE DD every 12 seconds and AE fear every 36 seconds (according to the wiki spell data anyway).

Should be plenty of windows for pets to hit him. Let's run some basic figures.

According to the wiki, again, the buffiest pet a level 20 mage can cast is Lesser Summoning: Earth, which has 525 HPs, worst case scenario (lowest level pet).

This would mean that all the pets would survive one AE hit and pretty much always die on the next one, making their minimum lifespan 12 seconds and maximum 24 seconds. This makes average life expectancy of a pet 18 seconds give or take.

Naggy will cast AE fear every 36 seconds, which we'll consider will stick on all pets every time for full duration, which is 3 ticks, 18 seconds. This means that half the time, a pet will be feared, and half the time, he will not be (but will have to run back to Naggy from wherever he has pathed to - but running back will take less time than running away because when feared, pets/mobs take weird non-optimal paths).

It's probably a reasonable approximation to say that every 36 seconds, an average pet will be able to melee Naggy for 6 seconds. So about 1/6th of all pets (~14) will be on Naggy at any given time, which should be enough to keep aggro.

A pet will also spend 1/6th of his average life expectancy of 18 seconds meleeing Naggy, which is 3 seconds.

1/6th of 100 pets is roughly 16 pets with an average max hit of 20. If we consider that each pet can sustain about 10 DPS on Naggy (that's a wild guess..), Naggy will be taking about 160 DPS during this fight.

I have no idea if this is enough to beat Naggy's regen and/or deplete his HP's before the mages run out of mana, but it doesn't look too good for the mages.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

I never thought about this but given the first two posts I'm actually starting to be convinced that may have been true. Interesting!
Old 07-08-2019, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone should make a max level 20 guild and see how much game content they can beat. Bet it'd be quite fun.
Thats a sweet idea. would definitely be willing to delevel my monk for this kind of adventure.