Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

I love how having to help a stranger (while you're literally doing nothing but waiting in a line) is like the worst thing ever in this thread.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you not agree though? Jboots are the best clicky GCD for every class in Plane of Fear and Plane of Hate, and still the best one for most classes in Plane of Sky. Which is all of the content in classic that isn't a couple of super weak dragons or a fish that mages can duo/trio.
What does a ranger need a GCD clickie for? Spamming Healing faster? lol

It's useful as dispel fodder or if your sow drops while pulling or kiting, so I'd say it's marginally better on a ranger than on a druid or a shaman, but still kinda meh.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how having to help a stranger (while you're literally doing nothing but waiting in a line) is like the worst thing ever in this thread.
Right? And all these "don't come unless you can solo it, or bring your own group" twats. Group up with the people in line and don't be dickbags.

Purposely killing people ahead of you on the list because you feel more entitled to the item even though they have been there longer is the scummiest thing to do. These camps are all group content, so just group up with the other people who are listing!
Old 01-13-2020, 02:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
helping and carrying are two totally different things.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaltz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When #1 never asked for help, and they are a high level, well-geared SK in a top guild who can solo the room.

After GM shows up and leaves after making some generic statements #3 asks:
"Hey, if you need help why not just ask for it instead of petitioning?"

No response.

#3 and #4 are boggled.

I thought the brain-dead druggies were on Red, or maybe Green, but now Teal?
The PvE crowd in my experience was infinitely more toxic and bad at the game.

People just say red was cuz they died a lot and resorted to that as an attack in spite and their "real reason" to leave.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

A 60pp spy glass also performs the GCD feature, so its odd to wait for such a camp.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:52 AM
Kobold

This is why Teal is soon lower population then blue. Asshole concentration is so high on green/teal it make the servers unpleasant.

Like someone said, whats the big deal about helping a stranger before you in list to clear camp. It help you as well by making respawns quicker.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
I think most rationale people prefer helping others to be feel like more of a choice. What the Ranger in the OP's story did was not ask kindly for assistance, but cuckold some strangers into doing the work for them. And if anyone still thinks that's okay, PM me so I can offload all my bullshit menial tasks onto your plate since you seem to think that's acceptable behavior from a stranger.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

If you can kill it but it would take a long time, do that. The waiters can just wait the extra 10 minutes it took you <3
Old 01-18-2020, 03:21 AM
Large Rat

I would like to see all of you that are talking about "soloing" the /list camps to make a 50 rogue with nearly bis, to go solo the guise camp and come back and show the results. Good luck taking out 3 level 38 mobs consistently for however many hours without the most uber gear in the game, while all the level 40 solo classes just sit and watch you die so they can take your spot. Fun times, great community, super.

Are /list camps raids now? Friends wake up at 3 a.m. to come help you at the drop of the dime while 4-5 other capable people just sit there and do nothing? Dumbest thing i've ever heard
Closed Thread