Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 12:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And vanguard...
I actually loved vanguard.....once they sorted everything out. Raiding Ancient Port Warehouse is a very vivid memory. There has been an emulator in the works for like 3-4 years. Haven't checked on it in a while, but from what I remember its development was similar to p99. AKA a couple dude who loved the game and wanted to bring it back.
Old 12-28-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pantheon is not coming out btw
Old 12-28-2019, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

It certainly has that EverquestNext vibe to it eh?
Old 12-29-2019, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canelek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It certainly has that EverquestNext vibe to it eh?
I think it's more akin to Vanguard. It's not going to be an unrealized, unrealistic pipe dream like Next. It'll instead be a sloppy mess that made big promises, drops the ball on launch, and limps around until it's death with a few hundred players who will swear for the next ten years it was amazing after they fixed all the issues.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Pre alpha for years now big yikes
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes a historian will retell an event that happened 800 years ago with such thoroughly researched accuracy and detailed description that you could swear he was there to see it himself, because passion justifies effort

Either that or I'm a time traveler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_f177k0ytA

Your comment totally reminded me of this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre alpha for years now big yikes
Im not a backer, but I will play devils advocate and say that kickstarters versus mainstream game creation has one major difference in the supposed illusory "length" of creation.. because when a mainstream game is announced, its gone years and years past its developmental start, and kickstarters you hear about before development begins. So it appears to take longer, even in the rarer success stories of kickstarter games.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because when a mainstream game is announced, its gone years and years past its developmental start, and kickstarters you hear about before development begins. So it appears to take longer, even in the rarer success stories of kickstarter games.
Totally agree with this. I was frustrated at how long pantheon was taking to create so I started researching how long other games took to create. I found information that made me feel much better. Most other games that were created by much larger teams that also had way more money available still took years to get to beta.

My only fear is that technology changes so fast when a game takes 6+ years to finish, unless the contest is truly amazing, it'll fail due to it feeling old.

I actually just backed the game a few days ago. I understand it might not succeed, but I backed it because I have hope. I wanted to support the idea of the game.
Old 01-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Banned

hmm, anyone testing Saga of Lucimia? is this positive incline or kidney stabber decline?

Quote:
Get back to basics with a challenge-based MMORPG focusing on epic adventure the moment you step outside the safety of the city walls.

Welcome back to the days of group-based gaming. Explore a world filled with lore-rich storylines and emergent gameplay where COMMUNITY is everything!

Zero quest hubs, zero fetch quests, no mini-maps, a massive world to explore, and a classless, skill-based game where you create your own story with friends.
Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lucimia is touting its new patcher, shared banks, inventory upgrades, and nerfed overland animals in the outpost zone (they’re harder as you spread out; for example, “mobs in the 4k zone are tuned for groups of 4 to 8 players”). Wounds and battle fatigue are in too, in case you’re up for some of those old-school “designed downtime” mechanics.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's more akin to Vanguard. It's not going to be an unrealized, unrealistic pipe dream like Next. It'll instead be a sloppy mess that made big promises, drops the ball on launch, and limps around until it's death with a few hundred players who will swear for the next ten years it was amazing after they fixed all the issues.
Vanguard was the best video game I've ever played.
Closed Thread