Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Default RE: Words/Rune drop more often than others

I made a post back in 2014 or 2015 in regards to the drop rate of words/runes being unbalanced. It didn't go very far...

Necro words drop the most
Enchanter/Wizard drop next
Magician words drop the least.

Why is this? Is this classic?
I feel this directly impacts players, even more so on a fresh vanilla server.

The staff should consider balancing the word/rune drops.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a post back in 2014 or 2015 in regards to the drop rate of words/runes being unbalanced. It didn't go very far...

Necro words drop the most
Enchanter/Wizard drop next
Magician words drop the least.

Why is this? Is this classic?
I feel this directly impacts players, even more so on a fresh vanilla server.

The staff should consider balancing the word/rune drops.
I think its like this probably caue they may have given the words equal chance of dropping, but there is alot fewer of the mages words used for many different recipe.

And then it gets worst cause lets say word of dimension, on the original broken design you need it in at least 24 combine if you never fail a single combine of any pet at any level. So basically every mage would have needed around 30-50 word of dimension through out their 1-50 path to get all their pets. Repeat for other words.
Last edited by Obrae; 11-08-2019 at 07:59 PM..
Old 11-08-2019, 07:59 PM
Sarnak

The sole magician pet words are made all the more brutal to farm because they share the loot table with pet specific reagents that drop for wide ranges. So something you could farm off level 16-24 mobs drops from level 34+ mobs and shares, I believe, a loot table with every other specific word in the game for that mobs assigned level "spell mat" level range.

Even if there is no weighting in favor of any particular classes, for mages specifically adding those reagents alongside the words would alleviate the issue significantly 1-44 - unless people are seeing mobs drop multiple words + misc reagent mats and its only the stuff I'm killing that doesn't.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

My first character on blue back in 2010 was a mage. I got serious on p99 in 2014.
I noticed this lack of mage words then and even more so now.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its like this probably caue they may have given the words equal chance of dropping, but there is alot fewer of the mages words used for many different recipe.

And then it gets worst cause lets say word of dimension, on the original broken design you need it in at least 24 combine if you never fail a single combine of any pet at any level. So basically every mage would have needed around 30-50 word of dimension through out their 1-50 path to get all their pets. Repeat for other words.
It's information like this that caused me to park my mage at level 16. I hated to do it, but the research grind sounds like a nightmare.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's information like this that caused me to park my mage at level 16. I hated to do it, but the research grind sounds like a nightmare.
Dropped 600 plat on words of coercion to get my 29 pet lol.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:42 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My first character on blue back in 2010 was a mage. I got serious on p99 in 2014.
I noticed this lack of mage words then and even more so now.
I got a magician word of tyranny.

PRICE CHECK!!!
Old 11-09-2019, 02:55 AM
Banned

I have a Word and Rune bank on Blue and I can tell you than Words of Cazic Thule outdrop everything else and it isn't close. I think for Runes the winner is Al-Kabor but don't quote me on it.
Closed Thread