Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ask for tips, and if they give you garbage drop them of in tox.
Winner!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 01-07-2020, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ask for tips, and if they give you garbage drop them of in tox.
Probably the solution right here. Don't port until they've made their donation, and if they get difficult about it take them to the end of the world and /wave.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably the solution right here. Don't port until they've made their donation, and if they get difficult about it take them to the end of the world and /wave.
This is funny. Is it legal to do this ?
Old 01-08-2020, 07:52 AM
Aviak

Default Dial-a-Port rules

Obviosly whoever posted this rant either was not actually a Dial member or did not bother to read the guild rules. This post goes against everything we stand for as a guild. Although, we do EXPECT payment for our services, we do NOT complain when we do not get piad (things happen).

Ezzlazen (blue)
EzzlazenT(teal)
EzzlazenG(green)
Dial-a-Port leader (one of them)
Old 01-08-2020, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is funny. Is it legal to do this ?
No
Old 01-13-2020, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fair points, but you're giving out that kind of money because you can make that kind of money. Porting and quad kiting you can obviously make a pretty penny. I'm maining a Rogue on Green and you think I have money to tip people 20+ plat for SoW? Lol. I can't really farm a lot of plat solo, and in groups I'm of course limited by the amount of weight I have to spare (once I hit the limit, I'm not looting much if anything because I don't want to be encumbered and also can't leave the group to go sell); so the amount of money I can make is relatively limited.
OP's point was this, though - the guy clearly had money. He's not posting because a naked lvl 1 didn't tip :P
Old 02-05-2020, 03:48 PM
Large Bat

Maybe I am missing something, but DAP has always been a paid service. People have mentioned that is why we don't ask for "donations". CR are free because you cannot get blood from a turnip. On some occasions, people have said "i have no money will you still port me." I don't know a single DAP member who would say no. I also know that people forget to tip. Many feel embarassed and go out of there way to make it up and then some. I was tipped an ODS by a shaman who forgot to tip me on blue. Personally i would just ask that person if they forgot to pay. If there is some sort of issue, just /ignore and move on
Old 02-05-2020, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sort of counter to the definition of a “donation” (an act or instance of presenting something as a gift, grant, or contribution.). Gifts are gratuitously given, without requiring a reciprocal act.

If they ‘require’ a sum of money to port someone, just call it what it is - a fee.
Old 02-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

really wish DAP would get their act together on Green and have an army of druids porting

QQ
Old 02-06-2020, 01:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No
why not? you people are such babies
Closed Thread