Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 05:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Brand New, Asking for Help/Suggestions

Greetings

I am brand new to EverQuest. I have been interested in the series ever since I was a boy watching the VHS tape of "Knights Tale" and a commercial for EverQuest came on. My apologizes for the little Anecdote there but it is just something I have always wanted to do. I was able to acquire the Titanium Client and was able to launch the game so no problem there.

What I am ultimately looking for is suggestions on how to play the game. Race, Class, Statistics. A sort of tutorial for everything. I know that the classic Everquest came with the Tutorial but I wasn't able to find a way to play it so I am a little lost on controls and how to play. Is there any forum guides, any other websites I can use? Youtubers I can follow for tips and ideas? Also any general suggestions on race and class to start with would be immensely helpful. I'm not an MMO newb but I still wish to start off easy on my first go round on something like Everquest. Any suggestion would be welcome. I am starting out on the Green/Teal server, I managed that far but general controls and how to do basic functions are something I am not aware of.

Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your community and for any helpful tips and ideas.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:31 PM
Sarnak

The first thing to do in my opinion, is actually to skim through the FAQ, then create a character of a class that sound interesting and then try to play a bit.

As soon as you have logged in to your first character do CTRL-o and review the keyboard settings for easy one hand manoeuvring with the keyboard and mouse look. It will take a while to get that stuff working without thinking about it.

Don’t hesitate to as in the /ooc channel. Hit return, type /ooc Hi I am new, can you help me with [fill in the blank]. There are lots of helpful people around.

FAQ https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1002
Wiki http://wiki.project1999.com/
Old 01-07-2020, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

There’s so much to talk about. My first suggestion to you is to join a newbie-friendly guild so you’ll have an in-game chatroom in which to ask questions. Consider <Castle>.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:54 PM
Sarnak

Many of us wish we could be in your shoes again. Experiencing it all for the first time. Some might suggest to do your own research and I suggest to just dive head first. Group up with strangers. Many of us have been at this game for ages and will call you out for not doing things right. Make one mention that you've never played before and you have opened Pandoras box. There is nothing most of us like to talk about more than EQ. People will hold your hand and help you get through the initial hurdle. There will be only some resentment from those of us that are jealous of what you got. Innocence.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:53 PM
Banned

https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure

I read almost every guide in this section before I started playing (P99 is my first EQ experience as well).

Still to this day, I almost always have the wiki open while I'm playing.

The wiki is your best friend.

Even though you have experience with MMOs, one thing you will not be ready for is the pure grind of this game. Nothing comes quickly. Just be patient, learn from your mistakes (deaths), socialize, and enjoy the journey. This game is at its best when you never look at your XP bar and just find groups of people to go slay with.
Last edited by kjs86z; 01-07-2020 at 04:56 PM..
Closed Thread