Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2020, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, anyone can decide what his one-word comment meant, and there's no doubt he was saying I was full of shit about something. But as an English major I can assure you there are any number of ways one can parse the collection of words that was my quote, and the single word that was Nilbog's, to define the details of what specifically I was full of shit about.

As for the part about being wrong about Nilbog's motivations? Again, yes I'm likely wrong, and very happy to be. Like I said, Nilbog never talks. Rogean barely does either, but at least once every couple years or so he decides to make a brief appearance in the forums. But Nilbog, outside the bug forums? There's a reason I posted that "giddy girl gif" after he wrote one word ... it was one word more than he's said on the matter for over half a decade!

Again, for the 5+ years I've been here, ZEMS have remained unclassic ... even though the devs have always claimed that all they want is "classic", and even though supposedly the classic ZEMs are baked in to EQEmu. That's created cognitive dissonance, between the fact that "Nilbog wants classic" and the fact that "Nilbog left an obvious thing unclassic for half a decade". The two don't square.

Every other similar contradiction here has an explanation. Maybe, in trying to square that circle I (or more likely, someone else that I go the idea from) came up with the explanation that Nilbog DOES want classic ... it's just with ZEMs he wants "classic mystery".

But if that was wrong, and me saying the wrong thing loudly a few times means that instead of having to keep tell ourselves the same cognitive dissonance-resolving lie for five more years, Nilbog actually makes that dissonance to go away ... how could I be upset about that?
I mean, if you want to continue to write paragraphs upon paragraphs trying to find some sort of way to spin this because you're embarrassed that something you've maintained for so long was directly contradicted by the person you've maintained it about, go right ahead. I'd think it would be easier just to accept it and move on, but oh well.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

I'm disappointed in the quality of the R&F comments today. I rate you guys gimp out of 10. You are better than this...
Old 01-15-2020, 05:26 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm disappointed in the quality of the R&F comments today. I rate you guys gimp out of 10. You are better than this...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2020, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the funny thing about that is, Nilbog purposefully makes some ZEMs unclassic here: it's a fairly unique example of him prioritizing classic environment (ie. players not knowing exact ZEMs) over classic mechanics.

So ironically, while I don't know about the whole server, there's a decent number of us who want classic ZEMs ... and it's Nilbog, of all people, standing in the way of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
source?
I just had to Necro this thread to point out that Nilbog ultimately revised P99 to have ... that's right ... unclassic ZEMs which preserve ZEM mystery [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Shut up Loramin
Old 04-05-2020, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant49333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shut up Loramin
It was a shit post, to be sure. But after having everyone in this thread tell me how wrong I was for however many pages, I feel like I deserved a single victory gif shit post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-05-2020, 03:06 PM
Aviak

Did anyone no that nilbog spelled backwards is goblin???? Check out the academy* award winning movie Trolls 2

*the asterisk means patent pending.
Biggest Ego 2021 - {Your Advertisement Here}
Old 04-05-2020, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Loramin confirmed to hate staff...burn the witch
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 04-05-2020, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I just had to Necro this thread to point out that Nilbog ultimately revised P99 to have ... that's right ... unclassic ZEMs which preserve ZEM mystery [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I mean the way Rogean posted it seems they implemented unclassic ZEMs for balance not for "classic feels".

But balance something-something soulfire something-something redwood wands.
Old 04-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Since this has been a really constructive thread, I thought I would offer just one comment.

Unroot the dragons.
Closed Thread