Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Min Maxing, playing what you like, FOMO legacy mask, and being a nut case.

I have a real stupid sickness over getting a Guise, but im fighting to not get one.

I haven't played in awhile since green launch. Been busy at Holiday season, but man, I have mental issues about the legacy stuff and characters I want to play. I didn't really stick with anything because I have my bard and wizard on blue, bard being my absolute favorite class of all time.

I have classes and characters I like the appeal of, but most are not good combos. Then I have the desire to have a stupid dark elf illusioned class that cant be a dark elf, or thinking maybe I can power through playing a race I don't like to have a DE form for it in tandem of min max.

Its a sickness but hard to decide which will upset me less. Let me explain.

Ever since I was little, I wanted nothing more then to play a Dark Elf SK, because it seemed like such a cool combo with the spellset I like the most.. but I always knew it was the worst combo in the game, so I just can't play it.

I could have made it on blue, but I didn't.. even though I wanted it.. but I knew Ogre and Troll are so far superior. On Knights, who get the bash skill, sacrificing Slam is a huge determent, and that's not even counting the whole FSI vs regen battle. Knights generally go 2 handers most of their life, because of the lack of Dual Wield. I absolutely hate how trolls and ogres look. Trolls are OKAY as an SK at best but nothing like the DE SK look.

Green dropped, and I had even less of a reason to make one. I was focused more on considering a Ranger / Druid / Shaman / Monk / Paladin. Paladins are close to SK's in playstyle in some aspects, and I really was sure I wanted a ranger, but nah, I didn't like it.

Then I considered classes I kind of liked but could have a cool alternate dark elf form. Also, classes that are way better as non DE who can have that as a secondary form for fashion.

After the legacy stuff stops dropping, ill feel like mentally anything not rogue/bard/chanter will be a missed opportunity to have a cool fashion thing.

But lets say I go ahead and make a min max Ogre or Troll SK or something, and get a guise.. ill still know my character is a fatty, he will have fatty corpse runs, and be a piece of crap that I hate.

I can't win. Maybe its not the legacy item, but just having some kind of min max sickness.

Maybe someday ill make that Dark elf SK ;p but will I regret that too?
Old 01-17-2020, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Old 01-17-2020, 02:15 AM
Planar Protector

If its any condolence, you can't slam when in dark elf illusion.
Old 01-17-2020, 05:54 AM
Banned

I couldn't wait till I got my mask but then after I got it I realized how short DE's are.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

With respect to Shadow Knight races, most of the things you worry about become less problematic with expansions. Shadow Knights gain a lot of good 1H options (plus an epic bash-enabled 2H) with Kunark or Velious so small-race SK's who want to bash, can. Likewise Ogre/Troll size is much less a problem in expansion zones. Both expansions have generally larger interior spaces than old-world zones had, probably on purpose. Even faction matters less.

As the owner of a "dark elf" Paladin on Blue my own opinion is that it's a largely irrelevant fluff item. The mask is nice for the vision buff due to the new human darkness system added last fall but otherwise it's fluff. Few people are impressed by it, and the few who are lose interest after a few minutes once the novelty wears off. It's not an item I consider worth getting bent out of shape over.

Danth
Old 01-17-2020, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

Just pointing out. DE SK is great for 2 things. High Int and able to use ring of dead at firepots(Its amazing)
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 01-17-2020, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Danth i have 2 disagree. The Mask is amazing. For Orge/troll its just amazing. Have you ever tried SolA as an orge. Or castle in MM. Not having shrink. The Mask is amazing. And you really dont lose much. Trolls/orges only lose slam. Can still sword and board bash. Or drop it when you need to. IMO all Orge/Warriors want it. And heck I've not seen a monk who doesnt love it.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 01-17-2020, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

No disagreement there drackgon, my perspective was that of having it on a Paladin. Monks and Rangers would be similar--basically a fluff item in all their cases. Its use as a defacto shrink item on Ogre/Troll is well-known and highly valuable in old-world zones, although again their size becomes much less of a problem in Kunark and beyond. Both Warriors and Shadow Knights eventually get other means of non-potion self-shrink, so it's not mandatory for either although it'd certainly save some cost in addition to the benefit of earlier availability than the alternative means.

Danth
Old 01-17-2020, 11:06 AM
Sarnak

PST send tells.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Legacy items are pretty much useless and forever waste 1 or 2 inventory spaces
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread