Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 02:57 PM
Banned

Default Purple aka Rainbow Server 🌈 design doc.

This is a super serious suggestion. Just because it's in RnF doesn't mean a lot of work and thought didn't go into it.

Purple.

Trivial loot code.
No no drop.
No common tongue.
Max of 40 in foreign languages.
Hardcoded good vs evil alignments based on diety. (Open up diety restrictions a bit). No tunare druids healing or porting troll SKs. Maybe only evil wizards can hit them with spells.

Hardcode buffs and heals so u must use level appropriate versions to power lvl /buff/heal newbs. For example CH only lands on 30+ and SLN 45+. High lvls looking for lower lvl magic loot can help out low lvls for a chance to roll on items, but only with lvl appropriate spells. (This will overpower warriors, but they should be amazing guardians or protectors for newbies).

Add more binds/soulbinders, villagers, gem merchants, tradeskill merchants to the wilderness.

Put in item decay. So u will save ur superior magic loot for big bosses. Equipped items are weightless.

Add in some tradeskillable items for money making / trading between cities. And smuggling between diety restricted areas.

Add in vendors/quests for enchanted components/purified mana etc. At a premium price players could undercut. (Enchanters r already OP AF, restrict charm to humanoids and greens).

Add in a plat sink to help remove plat from the economy.

Buff all quest exp. Ppl should be able to do quests till 60 on rogues, warriors, etc..

Add in some better level balanced repeatable quests, maybe involve some tradeskilling, smuggling for these for each city, diety, faction.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:02 PM
Banned

Oh, and put in Kerrens, make kerra isle their start city (they worship prexus) and can be berserker, rogues, shamans, and beastlords.

No bards. Or warriors.

Add berserker to dwarf, gnomes, trolls, ogres.

BL to trolls, ogre. And dark elves.

Barbarians should be stuck as evil rallos worshippers tho if zerker.

Remove agnostic as an option.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:08 PM
Banned

Maybe donating 1 million plat to an npc turns ur kerren into a necromancer and switches ur alignment to bertox. Deleting all ur items.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:13 PM
Banned

No global ooc/shout or auction either.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:14 PM
Banned

Maybe no tells without a spell buffing u.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

I will never, ever play on a server with trival loot code. I have and it sucks big time.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will never, ever play on a server with trival loot code. I have and it sucks big time.
If the server were itemized properly and tradeskills worked good it wouldnt suck that bad.

Trivial loot code sounds like something that would increase community and give people incentive to lock their exp at a certain lvl. And RP more.

But I could almost compromise on it.

But the thing is high lvls should help newbies at the low lvl camps not just camp an AFK toon there 24/7 and alt tab over to it between their overwatch matches.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Old 04-24-2021, 04:10 PM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the server were itemized properly and tradeskills worked good it wouldnt suck that bad.

Trivial loot code sounds like something that would increase community and give people incentive to lock their exp at a certain lvl. And RP more.

But I could almost compromise on it.

But the thing is high lvls should help newbies at the low lvl camps not just camp an AFK toon there 24/7 and alt tab over to it between their overwatch matches.
In otherwords are u sure u just didn't thirst for pixels and have the inability to take adventurers on a quest as Gandalf once did? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Like I don't think trivial loot code is the problem, I think the problem is the game design.

Anyway a lvl 50 in full banded doesn't need to farm cold iron, could buy cold iron, or could easily twink an alt in full banded. For example, especially if everything is tradeable.

Rather than have lvl 60 alts in BiS, why not lock exp on several toons and park them in different areas of stuff you wanted? And have a shared bank?

I mean there's options.

IMO somewhere there's space for a mob out there to drop a Katana thats magic, has like 8/31 and +5 agi.

IDK, I think I could make this server happen.

Could add in more 'non'magic' loot too that has decent stats, but can't hit magic mobs, so u could have mobs dropping both rare "magic" loot thats special and like non-magic that is not as rare. But plenty fine stats for like mid range kunark melee power.

IMO end game velious is to OP and should be cut from the game, the dragons should be lvl 80 and should just deathtouch everyone in zone that talks back to them or bad about them.

There should be zones were there are high lvl npcs, and max lvl in game should be 20 if u really want to pick it apart, with some lvl 30's and 40's npcs and some boss npcs. And they should follow predictable pathing etc, there should be obvious safe camps to sit in the middle of zones/roads, and guard patrolls, the world should just be more fully fleshed out.

EQ was going in the right direction, they just catered to raiders and pixel inflation instead of adding more and more content, faction, and 'sneaky' tricks, and secrets or just more interaction between different parts of the game.

It's almost there. But not quite.

The newer games coming out is probably going to cater to 'stats'quest instead of fashionquest and lorequest aswell unfortunately.

Remember how bad ass minotaur battle axes are/were? They still are actually OP newb weapons, but they are a thing, so is that dwarven axe.

Maybe the Kerrans should drop more oriental versions of those. All non-magic.

Magic stuff should be rare. And it should be kind of cool to be able to kill a wisp on a melee or a vampire.

That would make silvertradeskiled weapons more usefull aswell.

The problem is u see a game that should be 'soloable' 'twinkable' and 'ez' not a game that should have options, i'm gonna call u out on this Jibartik, U want velious clickies and to earn DKP.

Not roam the lands hutning wearwolves for their pelts.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:12 PM
Banned

I dont expect u to jibartik.

I wish I could code.

My server population would be so high, I wouldn't even have to charge for a service people would just donate to my gofundme and I could hire like 1000 programmers and artists to make more tasteful versions of dark elven chainmail for females, and some sexy rare versions that u wouldn't be able to get with trivial loot code in place because u wouldnt lock ur exp, so u could list at the manastone camp.
Closed Thread