Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2022, 01:07 PM
Fire Giant

AC displayed in inventory has almost nothing to do with "real AC" that is actually calculated in damage.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AC displayed in inventory has almost nothing to do with "real AC" that is actually calculated in damage.
That is a good point, I am not sure if it is simply a client bug that is causing AC to increase with AGI on the sheet, or if it is actually increasing it.

As previously stated by multiple people in this thread, it is generally agreed upon that AGI is basically the least useful stat in PvE (unless someone has some data to say otherwise). So It isn't worth going out of your way to stack it. All you need is 75 AGI to avoid the AC penalty, and you are good. As Jimjam points out, it can be useful when trying to avoid going under 75 when encumbered or debuffed, but that is a pretty niche case.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-18-2022 at 01:16 PM..
Old 01-18-2022, 08:55 PM
Kobold

I think it's because Avoidance AC and Mitigation AC are totaled into displayed AC, but Avoidance AC has a separate softcap from Mitigation AC above which has minimal increases in Avoidance.
Old 01-19-2022, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...hlight=agility

That's the post with intricate parse damage, check the agility section.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

As I understand it, displayed AC is a composite stat that gives a rough idea of your combined mitigation and avoidance. It isn’t actually directly used in any equation itself.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-19-2022, 07:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...hlight=agility

That's the post with intricate parse damage, check the agility section.
Interesting read.. especially when it comes to meele STR. It does affect damage output but it was far less then I thought. Barely noticable if u have 170 or 255 if Im playing atleast.
Which is good since my war is gnomie *grin*
Old 01-30-2022, 12:51 PM
Kobold

Ahi affects dodge and armor
Decent affects your miss rate

Iirc
Old 02-03-2022, 01:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahi affects dodge and armor
Decent affects your miss rate

Iirc
auto correct got me on that one.

Agi = more dodges (that's all I remember it doing)
Dex = you hit more often (miss less).

However, I don't remember how much nor I even know the value of each one. The only one that's known is Stamina scaling your HP and Str is 10 Str = 1.7% dmg increase.
Old 02-03-2022, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
auto correct got me on that one.

Agi = more dodges (that's all I remember it doing)
Dex = you hit more often (miss less).

However, I don't remember how much nor I even know the value of each one. The only one that's known is Stamina scaling your HP and Str is 10 Str = 1.7% dmg increase.
Dex does not affect hit chance sadly. It would be more useful if it did. I am not suprised you think that though. There was a lot of misinformation back during live. The Kunark strategy guide actually states Dex is used for hit chance, but it isnt true. DEX is used for increasing proc chance on proc weapons.

AGI does help with dodge, but very minimally from everything I hear. Havent seen any good data to suggest otherwise. Just stay above 75 AGI to avoid the big penalty you get from being under 75.
Old 02-03-2022, 02:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dex does not affect hit chance sadly. It would be more useful if it did. I am not suprised you think that though. There was a lot of misinformation back during live. The Kunark strategy guide actually states Dex is used for hit chance, but it isnt true. DEX is used for increasing proc chance on proc weapons.

AGI does help with dodge, but very minimally from everything I hear. Havent seen any good data to suggest otherwise. Just stay above 75 AGI to avoid the big penalty you get from being under 75.
Thanks, that's good to know. There was so little we knew back then, so yeah a lot of my info might be outdated or wrong these days. I play enchanter right now, and half the time I wonder if what I'm doing or gearing even matters the way I think it does. Trial and error.
Closed Thread