Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Just a thought, but after putting all this effort into learning the camp, if you wanted to share with others you could add some notes to the entry in: http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

Alternatively (if you had at least a few paragraph of notes) you could even make a separate page for the camp (there's already one inside a necromancer guide, but not one for shaman).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok It’s working and I’m getting wrecked occasionally. I’m about 70% of the way through lvl 28 and have died without rez three times. The keys for me were: Mana jewelry, poison wind censor, four nukes, well timed bashes, gating when the mob is too strong, coming back and doing the other spawn when you know the north spawn is too strong.
I leveled exclusively always only taking on combinations of green cons that still gave exp and low blues. I liked this spread because it was easy to tell which mobs were higher level (blue). The majority of mobs I killed in my char’s lifetime were green, I’d say 60% green 40% blue

The advantage to this is I think I’ve only died maybe 5ish times total on my enchanter from levs 1-51 (current), and 2 of those were to latency issues. Mobs miss way more often and when they do land, even to a squishy cloth caster, they don’t hit as hard when you are significantly higher level than them. Mobs that would normally be hitting me for 60ish would only be hitting for like 10-15 damage most swings because I had enough levels on them

I personally think this is the sweet spot for which mobs to target. You’d think you’d be trading less exp for less risk, but it’s really not that much slower exp because you can also kill faster. And it means more loot in a given period of time due to faster kills
Old 12-03-2021, 02:05 AM
Sarnak

Have you looked into 1st-level guards in Highkeep? I started there at 30 on my monk but a lot of them greened out pretty quick, and the fast-spawning one was already green. So I'd think you could rock them at 28/29. Merchants no longer aggro/assist so it should be decent exp, and its a guaranteed 5pp per kill with the swords they drop, plus you can sell and bank in-zone. Watch out for Captain Bosec by the bank since you don't have FD, though.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you looked into 1st-level guards in Highkeep? I started there at 30 on my monk but a lot of them greened out pretty quick, and the fast-spawning one was already green. So I'd think you could rock them at 28/29. Merchants no longer aggro/assist so it should be decent exp, and its a guaranteed 5pp per kill with the swords they drop, plus you can sell and bank in-zone. Watch out for Captain Bosec by the bank since you don't have FD, though.
I went down there at 28 but the only place where I found to camp was at the bottom of the stairwell that leads to the second floor. And I didn’t have invis yet so it made it awkward to move around. Now I’m 29 I have invis but treants are really flowing and the pp is probably 7 or 8 per kill.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:40 AM
Kobold

Wasn’t until lvl 34 with my pet that I could hold down two spawns consistently. Completed lvl 34 and now considering leaving.

From lvl 28-34 I did treants almost exclusively and made a little less than 4k. Not bad post nerf.

Not a bad cash camp as a lvl 34+ but if it’s peak hours I don’t expect to hold both spawns for long. Someone will come and they have the right to the second spawn as I believe the server rules state you can only hold one outdoor spawn typically. But this camp, like ice giants can be pretty lucrative off hours when the server pop is low.
Old 02-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

good advice above
Old 02-17-2022, 08:45 AM
Skeleton

Recently spent a few days at Treants myself with my shammy arriving there at 29.

I found the best approach was to nuke twice with frost strike which gets them to roughly 50% hp then I would use my poison wind censor to hit them down to roughly 41-43%. They cast heal below 40% from what I saw. So at 41-43% i stopped attacking and blasted with a final frost strike which takes them below 20% in which time they start running and then just bash them down to finish.

The key is to engage them before they buff up, this is what I did and it worked well for me give it a shot see how you get on

Elu
Closed Thread