Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Half elf ranger, of course.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-29-2021, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are so weird.
no u [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2021, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Half Elf is big bad lol
Old 11-29-2021, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Probably Troll SK. Might as well start the pain train early. Though I haven't done Paladin yet and have been impressed with their usefulness this time around. So I may waffle.

Wiz or Dru will happen at some point as well. And I will definitely start a Necro after Kunark.
Old 11-30-2021, 05:46 AM
Sarnak

Not sure I see the point in me playing on a new Green server.

Leveling is harder, which isn't really a good thing. The game doesn't become more fun because you have to kill 400 hermits instead of 200 with your SK.

Zones are packed but there wasn't that much grouping ever since the ZEM changes. So it really only translated to you having to wait longer to find an open camp since every spawn and their grandmother was camped 24/7.

They nerfed hill giants making plat farming more difficult for classes that can't dungeon solo.

They nerfed combat bind wound making melee even rougher to level.

Manastone would be worth it IF I wanted to spend 4 days on end clicking a box. That's not fun to me and I gave up long ago playing games that aren't fun to me. "Oh once I get X item or hit X level THEN the game will begin!" is a phenomenon all too common in MMOs and its a classic pitfall.

However, if the population dwindles on old green or the economy and community gets eradicated with a blue merger, I may still play on a new green.

Last time I went with Wizard which I really do regret. Had I known raiding wasn't my thing I wouldn't have attempted it. Just waiting for hours during a window for a boss to spawn, rush in and instakill a boss and having one guild vaccuum up all the loot and having a system that protects all loot of significance from being allotted to anyone who doesn't have EQ as their 2nd job... it just wasn't for me. Quadding in classic is extremely limited and it DOES get old pretty fast once you're at it. You are terrible in groups and can't solo anything with a decent chunk of HP. The epic is incredibly hard to get even an active raider. Portals are a nice QoL thing but doesn't weigh up for the downsides.

So I guess I'd consider Shaman, Necro or Enchanter. I'd be also be tempted to go SK or Ranger because I hate myself and can't learn from past mistakes.

- Necro makes sense because I love FD and I LOVE guk but it'd pain me not ever being able to get epic or shissar staff or encyclopedia necrotheurgia, because I won't/can't raid enough to acquire any of those items. Also, once Kunark hits you'll have some serious tail-envy.

- Shaman is similar, if I won't farm manastone I don't see myself getting the plat to actually be able to afford Torpor, Epic and all that to be able to solo worthwhile camps.

- Enchanter is stressful but it makes sense for someone who doesn't wanna raid.

- Ranger and troll SK could be fun but without gear, with XP pen and very little in the way of spells it would be a slog and a half.

... woah, that was a wall of text saying I have no clue.
Last edited by sajbert; 11-30-2021 at 05:49 AM..
Old 11-30-2021, 11:31 AM
Banned

it might finally be time to try out troll shaman for 2.0
Old 11-30-2021, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Is there already a expected start date for 2.0 ?
Old 11-30-2021, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green 2 will probably be one or two years after red 2 at least. A firm date will probably not be given but if pop is healthy they might give red 2 a clean no competition run like they did with green, which red 1 never enjoyed as kunark launched on both servers simultaneously (virtually)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most people in this thread hope it's tomorrow, myseld included
Old 11-30-2021, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most people in this thread hope it's tomorrow, myseld included
People that just fought through day one on green probably want a bit of time to enjoy velious at the top before they join with the blue velious raiders.

P99 team seems to like to take care of the top end of the player base so I bet there will be some time before a new PvE server. Everyone else is wringing their hands for a new start but I do think the green raid guys should have a bit of time to relax
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread