Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Aviak

Default Plat farming locations off the beaten path?

After zoning into Rathe Mtns and getting cussed out in OOC for no other reason than being a high-level necro (I hadn't even killed a giant at this point), I decided it's probably time to find new places to farm plat.

Anyone have any good spots to suggest for a 59 Nec to farm a little plat for my alts?
Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrefax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After zoning into Rathe Mtns and getting cussed out in OOC for no other reason than being a high-level necro (I hadn't even killed a giant at this point), I decided it's probably time to find new places to farm plat.

Anyone have any good spots to suggest for a 59 Nec to farm a little plat for my alts?
Paineel guards during QUIET* hours. Can probably get through the whole city of guards before they respawn, all drop about 9pp in items/cash total.

*busy hours you'll be getting cussed out again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paineel guards during QUIET* hours. Can probably get through the whole city of guards before they respawn, all drop about 9pp in items/cash total.

*busy hours you'll be getting cussed out again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will check it out. I don't mind trying other, less lucrative spots if it means I can avoid cry babies and make a little plat in peace.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

I don’t know what you would consider decent plat but in my lower levels I spent some time doing The Ishva Mal in Split Paw. Almost positive Robe and Spell can drop at same time but he can also drop neither. Robe is lore and it’s kind of a hike to get there but it wasn’t camped a single time I was there. Spell used to be a little slow to sell but always got a decent price for it. Not exactly sure what it is now.

By no means is the best plat out there (far from it) but at 59 you’d probably only have to kill the 3 in his room and the 2 guards right outside (they CHeal so have mez ready). I did this on an Enchanter so it was a little easier to split but at your level I’m guessing you can mow it all down pretty easily.
Last edited by Barlu; 02-11-2019 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: Did it on enchanter
Old 02-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

There's always money in the banana stand Treasure-Hunting Guide (link in my signature).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

I found farming HQ ore to be a nice plat farm, but it helps to be able to port.

Bind at perma zone in EF
AE a bunch of goblins
When full, port to vendor/bank
Gate back
Repeat
Old 02-11-2019, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found farming HQ ore to be a nice plat farm, but it helps to be able to port.

Bind at perma zone in EF
AE a bunch of goblins
When full, port to vendor/bank
Gate back
Repeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]Telin: Blocks of high quality ore no longer drop.
Your pp farm technique is no longer relevant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your pp farm technique is no longer relevant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hah, I didn't notice that. Disregard my technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

TBF, blocks of ore were nice but the drop rate of them made the overall % plat from them kinda low when I was farming gobs (sol a though, not perma).

Like, I could have 3 bags full of crap, with 2.5 bags of FS weaps, some bricks of ore, and maybe like 3 blocks of ore.

You can semi-afk just spam 1 key and camp for gob ring (lol)
Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Might want to give Erudin guards a try, they supposedly drop gems now (what kind tho!?!?!)