Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2020, 02:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Shock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lilcea, may i ask what this "fix" was exactly? and the name of the soundfount's used if any. I've been trying to get the midi tracks sound like this for a long time and while I'm close, its not a close as this.

Here's an example of how my West Freeport gate track sounds.
https://streamable.com/yhedtx

We took the original instruments with all the timing etc. from the original files that the EQ devs did and combined them with the AWE32 instruments and timings.

We compared the tunes with the fix to my real hardware, my old Pentium with AWE32 sound card. There not just close, they sound exactly the same. So if you played the original EQ with an AWE32 like I did, it should sound the same as it did back in the day.

Assuming no mistakes have been made with the instruments that is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't have any web hosting any more due to real life shenanigans but I'll try and source something.

Would be great if the P99 team could host it though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh if anyone is interested this also works with the live servers, it worked fine when I was streaming the Agnarr server on Twitch when it launched. I’ve not tested it since then but as long as they have not buggered up the xmi player code too much it should be fine.