Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2021, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

You literally think all conservatives are characters in a real life handmaids tale, so maybe stop with the holy roller attitude.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Identity is actually formed more by things that you are not than things you are. Trump won because we was not Hilary Clinton and all she represented. He also was not Jeb Bush. He was a trustfund billionaire narcissist that was guilty of several instances of grift. But him being that was less important than him not being Hilary Clinton.

But yea -- not everyone is charging the capital and convinced Trump is fighting evil pedos either. I was explaining those types moreso than a guy that just didn't want Hilary Clinton to be president and thought he might help shake things up in Washington.

Many Trump supporters would agree he can, has, and will make mistakes. But to admit he basically threw tantrum about the election (or is just that manipulative) -- that's at odds with many people's identity. They are winners, that win and don't lose and whine. But they have just spent 4 years becoming increasingly identified with a movement centered around Trump the individual. It's much easier to believe him at that point.
Ya good points

Some of his negatives I don’t personally care as much about as other people might. Narcissist? Well I can identify with that, I have narcissistic tendencies. Part of the reason I don’t have kids is I always fear they would never have priority over myself. But I do donate to charity, and have gone way out of my way to help others including putting myself at risk of injury to break up fights. I always assume my death is likely going to be getting shot trying to intervene in a public dv situation (I won’t intervene if I know there’s a gun but the people who die didn’t know). So narcissists can still be capable of empathy and acts of selflessness. And one quality that narcissists have that an extremely empathic person tends to lack is assertiveness. An empath is going to always be concerned about how their actions make the other person feel, and so they are going to typically be not very good at standing up for themselves. And that’s a personal weakness no matter how you slice it

In regards to the trust fund thing…it still takes a certain mindset to be able to hang onto money. I forget what % of pro athletes and lottery winners end up broke but it’s way up there. I always think that being rich or being poor is more of a state of mind than a reflection of your current assets
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-28-2021 at 04:16 PM..
Old 09-28-2021, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone who seriously thinks Trump supporters who spent the last five years or more accusing their political opponents of taking part in Satanic rituals and eating babies are going to deradicalize in significant numbers after he lost is dangerously naive.
What I'm saying is that radicalization has a lot more to do with their identity than their policy preferences. If you can get people to focus on policy they often are severely at odds with their elected officials actually do -- or even believe. But most people, who follow politics because of a sum of consumer choices -- rather than policy preferences. So they just realize they are on the wrong side for their identity and come up with rationalizations about why they are actually a big supporter of the Trump Tax Cuts or whatever.

The capital thing was more akin to a bunch of soccer fans rioting after a losing game than some kind of MLK march on the capital to change policy.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 09-28-2021 at 04:27 PM..
Old 09-28-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Horza's point is really stupid because if you do a simple search youll find that he has mentioned trump more than any of his supporters have since the election.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You literally think all conservatives are characters in a real life handmaids tale, so maybe stop with the holy roller attitude.
Did you hear Tucker Carlson and Matt Gaetz have started publicly promoting the white replacement conspiracy theory this week?
Old 09-28-2021, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

No. I feel real bad for you if you read/watched things that allowed you to hear that.

But thanks for doing what I said you do, spending:
Quote:
the last five years or more accusing t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ your political opponents of taking part in S̶a̶t̶a̶n̶i̶c̶ nazi rituals and eating babies
and the next.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-28-2021 at 04:22 PM..
Old 09-28-2021, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you hear Tucker Carlson and Matt Gaetz have started publicly promoting the white replacement conspiracy theory this week?
You mean the known fact that eventually Hispanics will be the majority in the US? There is almost no rational person who disputes this, you’ll just see different conjectures as to when this will be. This is based on population growth estimates, it’s simple mathematical figures, not a conspiracy
Old 09-28-2021, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean the known fact that eventually Hispanics will be the majority in the US? There is almost no rational person who disputes this, you’ll just see different conjectures as to when this will be. This is based on population growth estimates, it’s simple mathematical figures, not a conspiracy
Shame conservatives seem to be incapable of understanding the concept of being mixed race and keep promoting racist conspiracy theories.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Shame conservatives seem to be incapable of understanding the concept of being mixed race and keep promoting racist conspiracy theories.
I'm disappointed in your lack of posting about this today horza.

Grisham sought to shield young, female aide from Trump

Quote:
she tried to keep a young, female aide away from Trump after the former president repeatedly invited her up to his Air Force One cabin, including one time to “look at her,” and used an expletive to describe her rear end.
Old 09-28-2021, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm disappointed in your lack of posting about this today horza.

Grisham sought to shield young, female aide from Trump
Trump being a rapist isn't news, the guy already has two dozen women accusing him of things from groping to rape.
Closed Thread