Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-29-2022, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
damn thats nuts. I wonder if each of the strike team fell into manholes and all drowned.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/russ...ndtv_topscroll
Trigger warning: raw live war footage

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-29-2022, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 04-29-2022, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

I think it's becoming clear that your average Russian soldier is perfectly okay with beating up on, raping, looting, and otherwise brutalizing an inferior opponent, but they are not willing to die fighting a peer or near-peer, or making the kinds of high-casualty battle maneuvers / intense fighting that Ukraine requires. Ukrainian soldiers, on the other hand, have demonstrated a willingness to fight quite hard and risk a lot for their country.

I'm willing to bet among American soldiers you'd probably see a similar drop in morale fighting equal or near equal opponents, but you probably wouldn't see them refusing to fight quite as much.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

One thing I think is funny, is how advanced the world thought they were militarily. Like, after the cold war reveals they were a mess, we were like, well this time they are probubly as powerful as they say they are.

I totally got sucked into this TV show about how they would be like super soldiers if russia tried to ww3 and it wasnt the only that depicted them like all sci fi high tech either haha

Old 04-29-2022, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New York Times
After weeks of poring over evidence, Ukrainian officials single out 10 Russian soldiers for atrocities in Bucha.
Quote:
KYIV, Ukraine — It wasn’t an easy case to crack. Ukrainian investigators had to stitch together radio intercepts, satellite images, security camera footage, witness statements and even social media posts.
You know it's bad when your opponent can conduct a war-crimes investigation on your own soldiers using radio intercepts and other electronic and signals intelligence lol

I think 20 or 30 years from now, if humans are still around, we're going to find out that the US had some epic, ENIGMA-level shit in Russia during this war. Like a high degree of infiltration of their military, or the ability to read all their communications.

This isn't the Soviet Union, you have Russian soldiers selling their gas in Belarus and stealing toilets, how hard do you think they'd be to turn with sweet sweet American $$$
Last edited by Lune; 04-29-2022 at 09:06 PM..
Old 04-29-2022, 09:42 PM
Banned

hi i saw this and i thought of this thread immediately. love you all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 277797109_3226622820912644_788480462948795307_n.jpg (23.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 04-29-2022, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

^

Freddy's is the shit
Old 04-30-2022, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only person who cares about ukraine anymore, arnt the ones that called me a putin simp for saying biden fucked up diplomacy and got this war started.

none of you care about ukraine. slava my ass.
You’re still a Putin simp and hate America
Old 04-30-2022, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi i saw this and i thought of this thread immediately. love you all
I mean it was obviously his invasion of Russia. He attacked first because he knew it was only a matter of time before the Russians came for him again. Hitler's mistake.

If both Napoleon and Hitler chose to defend against the Russians the fighting would have taken place in Poland. The Russians could have been bled on foreign soil, then surrounded and destroyed piecemeal and pushed back and then they would offer terms. This worked once albeit too late in WW1.

Once the German states and other principalities saw what happened in Russia they all rose and turned against him and he was finally defeated at Leipzig and chased back to France.

So yeah, let the Russians attack first because they are so terrible at it.
Old 04-30-2022, 09:30 AM
Banned

Russia was on the brink of sliding into civil unrest.

War in Ukraine was a great time for political purges.

Russians. Why? Is this what America has to look forward to at home for the next 300 years?