Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-03-2022, 09:03 PM
Banned

Old 05-03-2022, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if during the next 100 days of riots china invades tiawan.
I would. Doesn't make it right.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder if during the next 100 days of riots china invades tiawan.
If they’re smart, they’d just blockade it and dare us to do something. It would tank the global economy since they’re integral to global semiconductor production, and it would be hard for us to move to Taiwan’s defense without our ships getting hit. Okinawa isn’t that far and Taiwan has anti-ship missiles and drones, but yeah, I don’t think they invade. The Chinese aren’t as dumb as the Russians to get themselves lit up. A blockade would be as effective (probably, I am not a military person and won’t claim to be) and doesn’t look as bad as the Russians look in PR terms, plus, it forces us to move on the offense and get clobbered

But again, Taiwan probably has missiles and so do we. So does Japan. Tough call
Old 05-03-2022, 10:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they’re smart, they’d just blockade it and dare us to do something.
China is improving and therefore less dangerous than Russia which is declining. They are not to be believed on nuclear threats. If they blockade Taiwan, Sam will gladly accept the invitation to the turkey shoot.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
China is improving and therefore less dangerous than Russia which is declining. They are not to be believed on nuclear threats. If they blockade Taiwan, Sam will gladly accept the invitation to the turkey shoot.
Easier said than done so close to their shores and missile bases

Also, they are willing to commit genocide. Their threats should be taken seriously. China is as evil as North Korea, I don’t care how much shit they make in the global economy
Old 05-03-2022, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
China is improving
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2022, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the majority of growth under capitalism has taken place in two places: india and china

have fun with the CCP as it pertains to china specifically, i still count them as right-wing authoritarians personally
Old 05-03-2022, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the majority of growth under capitalism has taken place in two places: india and china
That should be true but I'm curious as to your take on why.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That should be true but I'm curious as to your take on why.
convenience? alacrity? you won't hear me denying the pragmatism of basic growth, that's not how this works, i'm not a teenager who thinks that basic success isn't appealing to the basic participant in capitalist economic growth. obviously it is, i'd sell my chicken's eggs on the market same as any other asshole. my criticism is more systemic and larger. i've owned a business (with no employees other than myself) and i've worked for all kinds of other ones
Old 05-04-2022, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
convenience? alacrity? you won't hear me denying the pragmatism of basic growth, that's not how this works, i'm not a teenager who thinks that basic success isn't appealing to the basic participant in capitalist economic growth. obviously it is, i'd sell my chicken's eggs on the market same as any other asshole. my criticism is more systemic and larger. i've owned a business (with no employees other than myself) and i've worked for all kinds of other ones
population.