Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

I agree, time will tell )

IMO this is what red is all about : https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...10#post3212310
Old 11-15-2020, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

They should launch it when we go to hard lockdown in late January.

I like the classic Kunark 2 year season cycle idea, dump characters on red and make it permadeath lol
Old 11-15-2020, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone tell me what it was like day one and week one of red?
It was fantastic, and everything you probably imagine. Tons of newbie PvP, level 1’s with rusty swords duking it out. My favorite memory was a downright 5v5 battle in Unrest for the yard trash. It was glorious.
One month in, numbers dropped into 30’s, 20’s and sometimes single digits. Over the next couple of years there were cases of numbers rising, at times into the high 100’s/low 200’s but it’s been stale for quite some time now.
I do not like being the Debbie Downer but the reality is, there’s no incentive for the devs to release a new PvP server. They dumped lots of time and energy into what Red currently is, and the majority of the PvP community spit in their face. I don’t blame the devs.
Enjoy Red and be happy you’ve got it, just don’t hold your breath for a new server.
Old 11-15-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

I am pretty sure this was sorta Sirken's and Nilbog's pet project. They probably don't really have the dedicated pvp experienced staff for a new new server. And it probably takes quite some effort to load up a box. I tried it once and gave up midway through the linux install.

I'm going to hold my breath though. I don't have a heck of a lot going on that requires oxygen up there anyway.

If something did happen it would probably be green GMs experimenting.

Red99 still better than green/blue.

Last time I loaded the "real"tm alternative, it was kinda broken. The devs were killing people running vms by making their monitor explode and snooping peoples machines, but allowing people with massive armies of multiple accounts to run rampant anyway. And they only have the one pvp server, and lots of people do box hard there. The cash shop, token thing got way out of hand, control. And a lot of people use that to sustain 100+ accounts. (on the dead servers) which the Zek is on live, sorta. Less dead than some, but... in a weird kind of half existence.

The game didn't even run properly with default settings out of the box, it would CTD until some features were disabled.

Still, I'm solidly backing the red2.0 push, because there is nothing to lose by doing so. Rogean won't wipe red 1.0. Your pixels are safe.

I think if someone was a dedicated blue player, Aradune would be fine. But meh. I'm red.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-15-2020 at 04:32 PM..
Closed Thread