Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-01-2023, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Instead of being a racial, FSI would have been a decent addition to having a shield equipped.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instead of being a racial, FSI would have been a decent addition to having a shield equipped.
Ya problem is every class can use a shield so that’s a little OP. But would have been cool to give tanks a special skill for that. If we ever could get some blue custom content…
Old 02-02-2023, 12:49 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya problem is every class can use a shield so that’s a little OP. But would have been cool to give tanks a special skill for that. If we ever could get some blue custom content…
Would be kind of neat if something like 150 Bash skill gave FSI while using a shield. Would really just give it to tanks but they're the only ones who should have it anyway.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Poorly worded, sorry. Thread in tank forum category, so was a lazy reference to knights/warriors only rather than all classes. Shields with procs wouldn't have been bad either, giving more reason for knights to opt for sword and board in lieu of 2h damage output and provided warriors another avenue for procs, with yet more items to compare and consider even though shields do very little in the way of white damage.
Last edited by Ennewi; 02-02-2023 at 09:25 PM..
Old 02-04-2023, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

The move is to have an ogre with a guise. That's what I did because dark elf is the best race. If I had not gotten a guise before they stopped dropping, I would have rerolled to a dark elf warrior.

I didn't read all the other replies but I'll throw in my 2 cents: FSI is nice when tanking raid stuff especially because it allows me a chance to generate more threat earlier. But is it make or break? No, because I am generally aware of whats happening and I have 3 seconds to land an aggro click.

For emergencies like when idiot pull teams bring in too many mobs, it's nice to have to try and snatch up threat faster. It's a nice little trait, but if I didn't have it, I can live with out it. I don't really care about regeneration because I don't solo and I use a cleric to heal me like a real man would.
Old 02-04-2023, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

The only thing that matters in this game is if you like the way you look.

Assuming same class/level/relative gear, past your own warm feels about your character, literally everything else is overrated. Gnome and elf warriors frequently tank AoW…
Old 02-04-2023, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing that matters in this game is if you like the way you look.

Assuming same class/level/relative gear, past your own warm feels about your character, literally everything else is overrated. Gnome and elf warriors frequently tank AoW…
aow was done in kunark gear, we are in year 8 of velious, none of this matters. you are correct.
Old 02-04-2023, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aow was done in kunark gear, we are in year 8 of velious, none of this matters. you are correct.
Solo and Raid content are different. Gearing/stats matter more in solo. Itemization is also fun for players in an RPG.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo and Raid content are different. Gearing/stats matter more in solo. Itemization is also fun for players in an RPG.
Gnome warriors roll around with 40% spell haste.
Small SK’s don’t have a 15 or 20% penalty.

Arguably small players level faster solo. Raid gear equals the playing field (my 70sta pally overcaps). Group content is well, trivial, because blue cons with a group is easy unless you are horrible.

Races are just different colors of M&M’s.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gnome warriors roll around with 40% spell haste.
Small SK’s don’t have a 15 or 20% penalty.

Arguably small players level faster solo. Raid gear equals the playing field (my 70sta pally overcaps). Group content is well, trivial, because blue cons with a group is easy unless you are horrible.

Races are just different colors of M&M’s.
Agreed gnome is superior level and solo race purely for 40% haste buff. No racial will equal that. 20% more then eye patch for basically free.