Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-03-2023, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

I agree with Toxigen. Changing characters is unsound unless the individual was thinking of doing it anyway. In that duo a jaundice bracer would take a very long time making up the time lost re-leveling to the 20's, assuming they get to 45 at all (and assuming they have the money for it). The dreariest part of a shaman's life is the low level range and re-doing that part when the player's on the cusp of escaping it also seems questionable. The object is to have fun, not get stuck in an endless re-roll loop in pursuit of some perceived advantage. A monk/shaman duo gets more fun the higher level it gets as the characters become more capable. The world's practically theirs for the taking at 60. I've watched relatively casual players get stuck in re-roll loops before, never quite settle on a character, and quit before even making mid-levels, much less upper. It's better to settle on something then stick with it.

Maybe the troll might be worth making if he plays more than his gal does and he catches it up in his spare time. It's not worth delaying their duo for it.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-03-2023 at 07:20 PM..
Old 02-04-2023, 01:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with Toxigen. Changing characters is unsound unless the individual was thinking of doing it anyway. In that duo a jaundice bracer would take a very long time making up the time lost re-leveling to the 20's, assuming they get to 45 at all (and assuming they have the money for it). The dreariest part of a shaman's life is the low level range and re-doing that part when the player's on the cusp of escaping it also seems questionable. The object is to have fun, not get stuck in an endless re-roll loop in pursuit of some perceived advantage. A monk/shaman duo gets more fun the higher level it gets as the characters become more capable. The world's practically theirs for the taking at 60. I've watched relatively casual players get stuck in re-roll loops before, never quite settle on a character, and quit before even making mid-levels, much less upper. It's better to settle on something then stick with it.

Maybe the troll might be worth making if he plays more than his gal does and he catches it up in his spare time. It's not worth delaying their duo for it.

Danth
Yeah I will decide that but probably not rerolling. We are coming up on a couple weeks where she can't play, if I do it, it won't slow down our duo. Liking the Iksar though, so meh. Snare necklace more than JBB motivates me even though I know it is gimmicky.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I will decide that but probably not rerolling. We are coming up on a couple weeks where she can't play, if I do it, it won't slow down our duo. Liking the Iksar though, so meh. Snare necklace more than JBB motivates me even though I know it is gimmicky.
Just reroll man. You’ll be glad you had the clickies. If you’re on blue I’ll take you to warrens and we can knock out the first 20 levels quick.
Old 02-05-2023, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just reroll man. You’ll be glad you had the clickies. If you’re on blue I’ll take you to warrens and we can knock out the first 20 levels quick.
Appreciate the offer, but we are on green, and if I decide to do it I'll find a way to make it quick. Appreciate as always the kindness in this community.

Going to let this thread go but keep it bookmarked, I have learned a lot and we are already much more efficient.
Old 02-06-2023, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah just keep going. Iksar master race. Trolls and ogres are poopybutts.
Old 02-10-2023, 07:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We got the hand wraps, we switched back to an area with mostly blues and it has been amazing. This is even before I have regen or canni.

Trying to find a good spot 22 to 24, seems most places have a mix of whites/yellows and dark blues in kurns are getting to be too sparse for a duo.

Thanks again everyone! Night and day with your advice.
Do giants in warslik woods, decent pp drops and loops for the shaman if lucky. Brutes in the caves leading to dalnir is also good, drops lots of low gems and research mats.

When you hit 30+ try Dalnir for some crescent armor and sarnak ears for the monk, can be pretty deadly but nothing see’s invis so not that hard to recover. Snare neck would be handy to stop runners but liberal use of root works too
Old 02-10-2023, 07:30 PM
Aviak

Fd tips is a bit hard to convey but one thing that can help is that once a mob starts to path back home it always paths back home immediately when you fd until it returns to it’s spawn point.
So if one mob returns to spawn and the second mob still are pathing home then when you reaggro both and flop, one is guaranteed to path home directly and the other one sticks around corpse camping you, hopefully long enough to separate for a easy solo pull
Old 02-12-2023, 03:31 AM
Aviak

Lake of ill omen is also really great for your level range. Can level there until 29 at least.
Hikoki - Wanderer of Kingdom