Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 12-10-2022, 09:16 PM
Sarnak

Default Not Good

It really isn't.

Green Ranger, out.
Last edited by Dragonzord; 12-10-2022 at 09:23 PM..
Old 12-11-2022, 08:36 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2022, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

I'm too lazy to make the graphic, but if I wasn't I'd make one of those images of the guy sitting in front of a table with a sign saying "Power Rangers was a terrible rip-off of Voltron: change my mind".

(Then again, maybe I'm just an old fart; sorry your childhood hero died.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm too lazy to make the graphic, but if I wasn't I'd make one of those images of the guy sitting in front of a table with a sign saying "Power Rangers was a terrible rip-off of Voltron: change my mind".

(Then again, maybe I'm just an old fart; sorry your childhood hero died.)
Nah man, super sentai shows have been around since 1975.

Voltron came out in 1984.
Old 12-13-2022, 05:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonzord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It really isn't.

Green Ranger, out.
';..;'
Old 12-13-2022, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Green ranger suicided recently [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 12-14-2022, 01:54 PM
Aviak

I wasn't a big fan of that show even though it was in my age demo but man that intro song slapped I remember, also I oddly remember that guys noise of like Ceeee AYYAAAUUHHHH
Old 02-04-2023, 04:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd make one of those images of the guy sitting in front of a table with a sign saying "Power Rangers was a terrible rip-off of Voltron: change my mind"
I'm way late to this thread but that comment is so insanely wrong my head is spinning. It's like when people attribute everything originating with family guy because of the time family guy made a parody of it.

AVGN did a thing where he went back to watch all the power rangers since he missed out on it as a kid and the whole intro sequence where he was able to link it to the entire umbrella of Tokusatsu blew his mind, and that if he had just realized what he missed out on it was what he always wanted. Voltron is way, WAY modern to classic Tokusatsu and the umbrella Sentai.

This was kind of the realization when I was little jumping from things like Ghostbusters, TMNT, and more modern things like Power Rangers and Sailor Moon, a lot of people when looking back to investigate realize that what they thought these things were was WAY not what they were expecting, and it ties back to some insane things like classic monster movies or godzilla way closer then you realize. Its an awesome thing.

For anyone who wants to see the funny reaction, check it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLWnl2fBy3Q
Old 02-04-2023, 04:31 AM
Planar Protector

I wasn't "into" the show, because it really was kind of corn ball even when I was a little kid. At the same time, I really enjoyed it. I think I just knew it was uncool for the cooler 4 years older than me age group, but it really right up my ally.

The green ranger was my favorite guy by a long shot. Red ranger was all right in a pinch. But green ranger coming out of no where (every single episode) with that kick ass fucking dagger flute?! Give me a break. What a badass. Plus he had that sweet piece of armor that set him apart. An undeniably awesome upgraded power ranger.

My little bro got to be into the titanium ranger. Exact same thing but for the next wave of power rangers. I shoulda got more into his generation just to play with him, I did a little bit but all I could say was "man I really like the green ranger in the original series." It helps that it is the "original" series. It helps me lock it in as the one I relate to.

It's like not moving on from everquest circa 1999-2001. With this server you don't really have to. Why the fuck doesn't the original server code exist in someone's hands blows my mind. I think one day some guy from Verant is going to fat finger something into his search bar and accidentally come across these forums (because of some cool red 2.0 support thread) and post something like "hey lol I have the original server code I have like 50 hard drives from all the server units at verant and administrative access codes are written right on the drive and also in this list I'm just pasting here in your forums. Should I put the code up on a filesharing site or something? I can just pop one of the drives into one of the dozen original computers they used to be plugged into before I removed them, and fire it right up."

Back to the point though, poor Tony.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't "into" the show, because it really was kind of corn ball even when I was a little kid. At the same time, I really enjoyed it. I think I just knew it was uncool for the cooler 4 years older than me age group, but it really right up my ally.

The green ranger was my favorite guy by a long shot. Red ranger was all right in a pinch. But green ranger coming out of no where (every single episode) with that kick ass fucking dagger flute?! Give me a break. What a badass. Plus he had that sweet piece of armor that set him apart. An undeniably awesome upgraded power ranger.

My little bro got to be into the titanium ranger. Exact same thing but for the next wave of power rangers. I shoulda got more into his generation just to play with him, I did a little bit but all I could say was "man I really like the green ranger in the original series." It helps that it is the "original" series. It helps me lock it in as the one I relate to.

It's like not moving on from everquest circa 1999-2001. With this server you don't really have to. Why the fuck doesn't the original server code exist in someone's hands blows my mind. I think one day some guy from Verant is going to fat finger something into his search bar and accidentally come across these forums (because of some cool red 2.0 support thread) and post something like "hey lol I have the original server code I have like 50 hard drives from all the server units at verant and administrative access codes are written right on the drive and also in this list I'm just pasting here in your forums. Should I put the code up on a filesharing site or something? I can just pop one of the drives into one of the dozen original computers they used to be plugged into before I removed them, and fire it right up."

Back to the point though, poor Tony.
I like reading this stuff about youth crazes i was too old to get into. I just looked up what age i was when power rangers came out, 18 (93). I was defo way past all that, sort of thing where i looked at it like why is this shit popular?

Same thing when i worked at a school in 97 and all the kids where into this pokemon craze. I wish i had been more curious because i would have been able to connect more on the kids' level. 2-3 years ago i bought a nintendo DS for when i go camping, back at the tent at nite and dropped like 150 DS games in it, with the best pokemon titles i looked up, just cause. And its actually fun, even at my age, sort of like a JRPG with creature growing mechanics.

Im an early (say 82-87) 80s kid. So spiderman and his amazing friends, Voltron, Gobots, transformers, GIjoe, Mr. T., etc, etc... thats how i learned english. In montreal we had vermont TV and they had all the freshest cartoons so i would often watch it instead of the translated versions and words like dogs, house, started to seep in without me actively trying to learn english. As a quebecer, we were fortunate enough to also get all the best Japanese and french cartoons as well, i loved my 80s childhood.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 02-04-2023 at 08:26 AM..