Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 11:25 PM
Orc

Default RMT vs transferring money to other characters

Hi all,

I'm leveling up my enchanters jewel crafting and as we all know, it can be a bit expensive. I had some money on another one of my toons that I asked a friend to transfer to the enchanter. He declined saying that he was nervous he would get flagged for RMT and potentially banned.

I guess my question is...will doing things like this that are not against the rules (at least not that I know of!) result in a ban? Is there a way for the server admins to tell if the trade was legit (IE - The money ended up going to the same account in the end) or do they just see a money only trade between toons and you get banned without any investigation?

Any input appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2015, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

If you don't RMT, you won't be banned.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't RMT, you won't be banned.
A lot of people who spent time getting their accounts unbanned in the last wave would probably disagree with you.

As for OP, I don't think anyone can answer your question. I've wondered the same thing when transferring between characters, but I'd suggest just not worrying about it. If it happens, you'll just have to petition it and (hopefully) you keep your logs on.

The good thing is, the GMs on this server are extremely fair, and Sirken is a boss.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:04 AM
Kobold

Unless you RMT'd, no. Everyone's paranoid that if they hold any sum of money they'll get banned though because of how RMTers have been operating. I got ignored for about two hours in EC the other day just trying to transfer 325p for a jboots MQ just to give you an idea. That was from an anonymous ec trader though.

Edit: For everyone out there, all I can suggest is any time you are about to transfer plat for anyone, even friends, just /log any and all of the conversation if you plan on doing it. Just a precaution, you never know.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpa Derp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got ignored for about two hours in EC the other day just trying to transfer 325p for a jboots MQ just to give you an idea.
I've been playing here since 2009, and never had an issue finding help with an xfer in EC. Can't say I understand what you're trying to say bro.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of people who spent time getting their accounts unbanned in the last wave would probably disagree with you.
Are they still banned?
Old 03-18-2015, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunomia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen people petition in game to document cross server (Blue to Red, Red to Blue) trades. That is better recorded in the Petition section of the forum.

Petition your first trade in the Petition / Exploit section. I will move it to resolved. You will continue to update that single thread with additional trades you would like documented.

If you get caught in a ban net resulting from one of the trades, you have easy access to link the trade information to us.

You can do this with any trade you think may look suspicious to us at some point in time.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

I've done dozens of plat transfers to guildmates and friends and have never had a problem. If you need a transfer, find me in game. I ain't scared
Old 03-18-2015, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

I've done too many transfers to count and have had help with just as many transfers. Rogean sums it up pretty clearly. If you RMT you will be caught. If you don't, you may still get banned, but through simple investigation will be exhonorated. I wouldn't worry about it with transfers. Selling PLVL is a bit more risky since it is difficult to verify w/o logs and even then can be difficult.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

I sold PL for a long time and gave away probably hundreds of thousands of plat to random friends and never received a ban. You're probably safe in transferring the small amount you need to JC.
Closed Thread