Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

5-30 days played depending on your class and how much you focus on leveling would be my approximation.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by towbes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From my experience, Soloing / duoing as a chanter, regular levels 25ish up took an average of about 3.5 hours per level, hell levels closer to 7.5-8. Scale that up 54+ for whatever the multiplier is. That's actual killing monsters for exp time, not the time it takes to put a group together / move to a camp.
Most levels I think it was well under an hour per bubble, so 6-7 hours a level if you die a couple times isn't bad. Hell levels and those over 50 were much slower (like 2x). The first year of playing EQ the world was way overcrowded vastly slowing experience. It took many of the people I know nearly a year to make it to level 50, but there progress got way faster when Kunark came out and they could find mobs that weren't overcamped more easily.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:53 AM
Orc

Hit 60 today on my first character on this server, a Human Druid. Made him on December 2nd of 2014.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawthis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hit 60 today on my first character on this server, a Human Druid. Made him on December 2nd of 2014.
This is good to see - I started January 18th and am 51 - so I got about a month left to 60.

Did you do solo or do Chardok?
Old 03-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

The wife and I leveled our Shadow Knight (me) and Shaman (her) duo at a pace normal folks would consider moderate but which counts as casual by P1999 standards. It took us about 10 months realtime to do 1-60, minus roughly a month break we took. A typical leveling session ranged from one to three hours, probably about five days a week or so while active. As I recall, as solo classes the Shadow Knight had a modest advantage at very low levels, but by the mid 30's the Shaman pulled ahead and the lead only grew as levels increased. If not for duo'ing, the Shaman could have made 60 significantly sooner.

I don't remember what our /played was. I don't think it really matters. Important thing is that our own experience agrees with most everyone else's: If you play a lot, you'll cap out in a few months. If you're more moderate, expect it to take the better part of a year. If you have alt-itis and can't dedicate to a character, you might not cap at all.

Danth
Old 03-20-2015, 01:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember what our /played was.

does /played work for everyone else? Cause my /played time is the exact amount of time from when I created my character to now. I've played a neckbeard's amount of hours, but still nowhere near 24/7 since starting.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by perditionparty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does /played work for everyone else? Cause my /played time is the exact amount of time from when I created my character to now. I've played a neckbeard's amount of hours, but still nowhere near 24/7 since starting.
No, /played is borked :/
Old 03-20-2015, 02:43 PM
Kobold

If you have 8 hours a day to play and all you do is grind, probably take you 3-4 months. Once you get in your 50's even the best exp is about a blue an hour. It's worth it when you're finally there though. I wish I'd had this kind of focus back during classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Proud to hail <Divinity>
Old 03-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Did they scale back the xp at some point on blue or something? All these time periods look way too long to me. I took Minyin(druid) 1-50 in 5 days, and eventually when Kunark came out I went 51-60 in 4 days (59-60 in 13 hours charming bears.) all solo. Same story/timeframe with my shaman, except I couldn't charm, so it was a lot more boring. None of these are /played times, I installed Titanium, and 5 days later I was 50 on a druid, no idea about actual time played.
Last edited by kenzar; 03-20-2015 at 04:37 PM..
Old 03-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did they scale back the xp at some point on blue or something? All these time periods look way too long to me. I took Minyin(druid) 1-50 in 5 days, and eventually when Kunark came out I went 51-60 in 4 days (59-60 in 13 hours charming bears.) all solo. Same story/timeframe with my shaman, except I couldn't charm, so it was a lot more boring. None of these are /played times, I installed Titanium, and 5 days later I was 50 on a druid, no idea about actual time played.
Well, it varies depending on whether you solo or group, your play time, and experience penalties... But the other people's estimates seem right to me. As a hybrid who plays casually in groups it took me:

1-30: 2-3 months
30-53: 3-4 months
53-60: ??
Closed Thread