Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-10-2014, 03:49 AM
Aviak

Default Proof that Water Pets are supposed to have significantly increased health regen:

http://www.watson.org/~wander/eq/index2.html

There are other sites that prove what im saying. I know im not crazy. I played mage in classic EQ and the water pets HP regen was crazy. Also the water pet is supposed to have a HIGHER poison resist. I leveled from lvl 5 (rattlesnakes) to lvl 14(cistern asps) on NOTHING BUT FUCKING SNAKES because they were weaker and because the water pet NEVER GOT POISONED!!! NEVER!!! NOT EVEN ONCE THE WHOLE TIME!! NOTHING BUT SNAKES!! Im really serious here. But I understand this is only a personal anecdote.

There are many examples of what Im saying to be true. SOmeone has already in the past brought up the fact that the pets do not cast their elemental spells at the proper classic rates as well. Can anyone with some authority comment on this? Thanks.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Planar Protector

You are correct. They still haven't fixed it on this server?

The Fire Pet is also not supposed to instantly have damage shield as soon as it is cast, although I'm quite fine with that not being fixed (or has it been)?

The link you showed doesn't talk about water pet immunity, though.

On Allakazam's Magical Realm I constantly posted Magician guides since early 2000 that talked about these things.

Here's one I found from 2001 where I specifically talked about the Water Pet's fast regen and poison immunity - http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/c...00662102725701
Old 05-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Aviak

yes it does show something.. you just have to click on "pet comparison"http://www.watson.org/~wander/eq/elementals.html
Old 05-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Aviak

"The last place to hunt from level 8-12 is in the east commons. Here you will see darkweed snakes practically carpeting the ground. Use a water pet to kill them because they have a VERY nasty poison attack, and the water pet will totally negate the effects of it. You will be able to take them fairly easy even if you don't give your water pet a rusty two-hander. With a rusty two-hander you will beat them into oblivion.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Aviak

WHy is this is the bugs forum ? lol
Old 05-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Aviak

If I remember correctly, the water pet healed two or three times as fast as the other elementals. It was really really a noticeable difference.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

The Water Pet's regen wasn't THAT much faster, but it was definitely significant. It was also comparatively faster at the lower levels than the higher levels, so I'm pretty sure Water pets at all levels had the same numeric bonus.

I remember the Water pet healing from nearly dead to full health 2x as fast as the Earth pet at lower levels, although the Water pet of course had less health. Given that the base regen is 6 health per trick for pets until level 39, I'd say the Water pet was healing 4 extra health per tick.

I've seen exact statistics at some point but I can't locate them now.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:59 AM
Banned

Earth pet def had slow regen compared to others.

Fire pet def resistant to fire (I think it is here).
Old 05-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Aviak

love that siggy nirgon lol
Old 05-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth pet def had slow regen compared to others.
No it didn't. The Earth pet simply had a lot more health than any other pet in the game, which meant it took longer to regen to full health.