Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-18-2021, 06:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermineux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump for attention. Really want to play a Mage, but this seems to be a nail in the coffin for the class.
It really isn't, just use earth pets for chaining and they grab aggro with the first root. Cam level just fine never needing to chain multiple pets per mob as well.
Old 07-11-2022, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Pity bump, this deserves to get looked at.
Old 08-19-2022, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so I recently scraped and indexed the Magician's Tower boards. While this thread is from 2002, I think it's still pretty close to the classic pet aggro behaviour as I remember it.

First, it's implied that the second pet would grab aggro pretty fast after the first one was dismissed, if not immediately:

This bit is about taking on multiple mobs. It's fairly explicit that the mob would go straight for the pet and not beeline to the mage if he hadn't built up any spell aggro:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040830...pic.php?t=2238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a thread in era from the Casters Realm forums with mages talking about chain casting pet tactics:

Another thread about chaining pets to kill Gornit:

They don't go into specific detail about aggro behavior of the pets on the mobs but I thought I'd add them since they demonstrate this was a viable tactic in era.
This seems like good evidence that the mage chain summoning we're seeing on green is not how it should be. Please address this as it really changes the fundamental gameplay of the Magician class.
Old 08-19-2022, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

I'm convinced that they're doing reverse classic on Green. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Ok, not really, but the parallel amuses me.

In the real/classic/'99 game, who were the best soloing classes, the ones everyone else said were too powerful and needed to be nerfed? Mages and Druids.

Here on P99, who has a giant bug making them less effective, which has remained inexplicably unfixed for long periods of time? Mages and Druids (with Immolate).

It feels like (not saying that he's actually doing this) Nilbog is getting back at those classes here, to make up for how good they were back when he played.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-19-2022 at 02:14 PM..
Old 08-19-2022, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Immolate was never really part of what made druids strong, and necros were just as OP really. Snare, fear, kiting in general kinda "broke" the game back then.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It feels like (not saying that he's actually doing this) Nilbog is getting back at those classes here, to make up for how good they were back when he played.
More easily explained by it being difficult to get all the pieces and people in place to do patches, imo.

Conspiracies take time that nobody has.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

I'd like to add to this pile of evidence that the way exp sharing with your pet works now seems to contradict how it should work. If a mage pet without any dmg from the mage takes a mob to 1% but an outside source finishes it. That outside source gets the exp. So the mage gets all of that aggro but also is open to KSing in this situation.

So all of the aggro is being transferred to the mage while none of the damage is transferring. I suspect it should be the opposite, all of the damage should go to the mage while none, or essentially none goes to the mage.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
More easily explained by it being difficult to get all the pieces and people in place to do patches, imo.

Depressingly true.
Old 10-18-2022, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to add to this pile of evidence that the way exp sharing with your pet works now seems to contradict how it should work. If a mage pet without any dmg from the mage takes a mob to 1% but an outside source finishes it. That outside source gets the exp. So the mage gets all of that aggro but also is open to KSing in this situation.

So all of the aggro is being transferred to the mage while none of the damage is transferring. I suspect it should be the opposite, all of the damage should go to the mage while none, or essentially none goes to the mage.
Sorry for the dumb question... Is this before or after reclaiming the pet?
Old 10-19-2022, 02:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

There's more important bugs in the queue. Nerissa_Clothspinner001 was selling berries instead of muffins.