Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-02-2022, 10:10 AM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 364
Default Manastone use, Druid or Cleric

Making my swan song toon. Trading a bunch of gear for a manastone. Gonna either play druid or cleric with the manastone.

Have a fungi, have Seahorse Belt, have tons of HP gear. Would a cleric or druid be a better bet for levelling my last toon casually (1-2 hours per morning)

I've got a 55 cleric / 51 druid I can toss the stone on. Would a cleric be able to solo 55-60 with manastone? Straight up nuking mobs?

Or would druid be more successful with manastone?

EDIT: If I picked up my cleric, I wouldn't need Fungi - but I was considering rolling a new cleric for luls (and lulls)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-02-2022, 10:46 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 3,184
Default

druids going to be way more fun charming w/ a fungi + manastone

cleric is going to be literally nuking undead mobs, manastone / CH up, keep nuking ad nauseam
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-02-2022 at 10:48 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2022, 10:51 AM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
druids going to be way more fun charming w/ a fungi + manastone

cleric is going to be literally nuking undead mobs, manastone / CH up, keep nuking ad nauseam
Kinda figured so. I loved loved loved loved permafrost 55-60 on my shaman. Would be fun to bring druid there too
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2022, 12:27 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 3,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kinda figured so. I loved loved loved loved permafrost 55-60 on my shaman. Would be fun to bring druid there too
Yeah I'd prob do some kedge / solB bats n bugs then head to chardok / perma.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-02-2022, 12:43 PM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I'd prob do some kedge / solB bats n bugs then head to chardok / perma.
Since this is my swan song toon, I might reroll from level 1 - druid. But my druid has peg cloak, so maybe not.

Trading away my elder beads and zlandi heart for this manastone - worse comes to worst I just retire and keep the manastone /shrug
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-02-2022, 12:45 PM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 3,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since this is my swan song toon, I might reroll from level 1 - druid. But my druid has peg cloak, so maybe not.

Trading away my elder beads and zlandi heart for this manastone - worse comes to worst I just retire and keep the manastone /shrug
Oh yeah it'll be a hoot at level 5. Way better than cleric.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-02-2022, 01:49 PM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,389
Default

Issue with doing it on a druid is that you are a druid. Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-02-2022, 01:59 PM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Issue with doing it on a druid is that you are a druid. Hope that helps.
Thought about this. My play time is very limited now, maybe 2 hours a day max - maybe 4 days a week max.

Druid was the last class I haven't pushed to 55+ that I think would be able to fit into the casual play time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-02-2022, 05:08 PM
PabloEdvardo PabloEdvardo is offline
Kobold


Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 194
Default

If this was Kunark "The Hole" launch era, when the hole had like 60+ people in it every night, I'd say cleric hands down. Leveling a cleric in groups in the hole with a manastone (and pre-nerf donals BP) was the most fun I ever had on my cleric.

However, unless you can BYOG to the hole, it's not going to be very useful. Most good groups are not in classic zones anymore.

As far as soloing... soloing a cleric is extremely painful with manastone. Literally. Like, you will get RSI from clicking your stone so much. I leveled my cleric in classic from 40-50 on spectres and to keep two spawns down I had to basically be spamming my stone every single moment that I wasn't fighting and by the end I had pretty bad RSI.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-02-2022, 05:50 PM
zelld52 zelld52 is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this was Kunark "The Hole" launch era, when the hole had like 60+ people in it every night, I'd say cleric hands down. Leveling a cleric in groups in the hole with a manastone (and pre-nerf donals BP) was the most fun I ever had on my cleric.

However, unless you can BYOG to the hole, it's not going to be very useful. Most good groups are not in classic zones anymore.

As far as soloing... soloing a cleric is extremely painful with manastone. Literally. Like, you will get RSI from clicking your stone so much. I leveled my cleric in classic from 40-50 on spectres and to keep two spawns down I had to basically be spamming my stone every single moment that I wasn't fighting and by the end I had pretty bad RSI.
yeah, i kinda figured this. damn.. im not so sold on the manastone anymore, lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.