Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-30-2023, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You spending 10p per mob?
Not sure on the price haven’t checked it, because plat isn’t a issues what so ever to make now days. Think I made the plat back and some profit from the gems there dropping

I know grouping is much safer exp, but ide rather have a small challenge , plus I afk way to much Lol
Old 01-30-2023, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure on the price haven’t checked it, because plat isn’t a issues what so ever to make now days. Think I made the plat back and some profit from the gems there dropping

I know grouping is much safer exp, but ide rather have a small challenge , plus I afk way to much Lol
I totally feel this. I’m levelling a warrior on red through 59 at bnb/ldc (solb) cos it is easy to pop in for 15 mins or be very afk while playing. Some times I’m spending 50pp on consumables vs a mob unlikely to drop 2pp. It’s worth it cos the mobs not needing a cheeky heal pot balance it out … and even just passing through solA to visit the LS vendors can result in a mountain of pp.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 01-31-2023, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But first: Do Damage

Or second: Do Damage

Because you can't do damage unless you're alive.

What came first? The damage or the survival
Nah, the first rule is a dead rogue does no dps. So first: survive. Second: continue to survive.

Any dps you do is just secondary to surviving.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, the first rule is a dead rogue does no dps. So first: survive. Second: continue to survive.

Not only that but the rogue that stays alive gets to corpse drag and save the day.

Never pop out of stealth until the pull looks under control.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Rogues theoretically should be able to take hits way better then a Ranger with their much higher caps on defensive skills.

This is one of those things that thematically *seem* wrong, but on paper for all intents and purposes the way they designed this games stats, Rangers are squishier, defensively speaking. (Without getting into HP/Stamina that falls into gearsets)
Old 02-15-2023, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well that's a given for any class. Since it goes without saying, we skip to the next step:

Do damage.

Otherwise your Rogue is going to stand there without his auto attack turned on.
Old 02-18-2023, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well that's a given for any class. Since it goes without saying, we skip to the next step:

Do damage.

Otherwise your Rogue is going to stand there without his auto attack turned on.
This is moronic. Sometimes you have to not do damage to survive. If you ignore surviving and only DO DAMAGE DO DAMAGE DO DAMAGE, you're going to fail at surviving.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-18-2023, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

That's like saying that any recipe should begin with the acquisition of a stove, and if any recipe doesn't include that, it's a bad recipe.
Old 02-18-2023, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues theoretically should be able to take hits way better then a Ranger with their much higher caps on defensive skills.

This is one of those things that thematically *seem* wrong, but on paper for all intents and purposes the way they designed this games stats, Rangers are squishier, defensively speaking. (Without getting into HP/Stamina that falls into gearsets)
The issue is that a rogues dps goes up like 40% if they can backstab. For that reason and for lack of aggro spells a rogue-tank is a bit silly. It’s just a fairly durable chain class with poor stat allocation.

A ranger (or shaman) tanking over a rogue isn’t ideal. It if you want to increase kill speed it’s the way to go.
Old 03-12-2023, 02:10 PM
Kobold

One of my favorite 6-man groups ever was me (rogue), three other rogues, an enchanter and a bard, doing stables in CoM. We just swapped aggro around in a circle of hasted backstabs. It was glorious, and we had no trouble making it work. The fun of a 20-yr old game is not meta-based Holy Trinity min-maxing (it's already been done. All of it.) but exploring the non-meta fringes of possibility. Rogues fulfilling a tank role struggle with snap aggro, low health, and loss of dps. That's all. Good/bad/can/can't is all situational.