Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 12-14-2022, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can afford Silver Chitin Hand Wraps and a Poison Wind Censor, your are going to be shredding mobs in Melee from 1-40, it will be faster than root/rotting.
This is true, and I recommend it. I passed them on to other chars once I hit 40 and switched to root rotting for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really not that hard to make plat in P99, even at lower levels.
This is not true (now), or at least not obvious to someone who hasn't done this dozens of times on different toons and knows all the spots. At level 43 now, I have just over 2k in the bank, and I haven't spent plat other than SCHW + PWC, plus about 700-1000 plat on other assorted gear that probably wasn't worth it.

If you know a good guard spot (or any other low-40 cash camp) I'm all ears. Freeport dock guards are still too hard to split and keep down. Feerrott spectres are consistent, but probably closer to 100pp/hour.

And to answer the OP: Soloing a shaman with minimal twinking (banded plus jewelry) was pretty easy. I mostly followed the evil shaman guide, and except for a couple awkward transition levels it never felt too hard or grindy.
Last edited by bcbrown; 12-14-2022 at 08:58 PM..
Old 12-14-2022, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true, and I recommend it. I passed them on to other chars once I hit 40 and switched to root rotting for now.

This is not true (now), or at least not obvious to someone who hasn't done this dozens of times on different toons and knows all the spots. At level 43 now, I have just over 2k in the bank, and I haven't spent plat other than SCHW + PWC, plus about 700-1000 plat on other assorted gear that probably wasn't worth it.

If you know a good guard spot (or any other low-40 cash camp) I'm all ears. Freeport dock guards are still too hard to split and keep down. Feerrott spectres are consistent, but probably closer to 100pp/hour.

And to answer the OP: Soloing a shaman with minimal twinking (banded plus jewelry) was pretty easy. I mostly followed the evil shaman guide, and except for a couple awkward transition levels it never felt too hard or grindy.
I am sure it does depend on which server you are on. I'm not on Green, which is probably more camped out than Blue.

I don't know how camped Misty Thicket guards are these days, but in your 30s you could kill the whole wall if you had it to yourself, that is around 130pp per hour right there. You can invis into Rivervale and snipe some of the lower level guards to get yourself closer to 200pp per hour. If I remember correctly most of the deputys are 20s-30s in Rivervale. Only a few of them are in their upper 30s, and you can figure that out and avoid them.

Paineel Guards, assuming they aren't camped.

Crystal Cavern Geos are really good in your level range too. They are a bit more random than guaranteed guard drops, but they do drop a lot of vendor loot gems, and I am pretty sure the average I got there was at least 200 or more PP per hour. I can't remember if they were doable at 43 though. I remember killing them with JBB, but it's worth a look. They are pullable one at a time, unlike docks.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

Yea like I said, delusional.
Old 12-15-2022, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

Each misty guard is 11pp.
You never killed 50+ hr.
Old 12-15-2022, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

What Crede said isn’t a misconception, it’s math.

As JBB does need to be constantly clicked. It’s a great sub for the epic when stuff has 2k hps and all you have is 16k plat (on blue). It melts HK bards and nobles in 8 clicks. Grobb Bashers though close to 16. Geos or Neriak Arena npcs like 32 or more. It’s by far more efficient than mana spells but it’s work, lol. You can kill 2+ spawns with it but your speed drops. It’s worth every plat you pay for it but isn’t “necessary” with an epic (nor should it be).

I rolled a JBB’able race never thinking I’d get an epic, especially to level with. I’m very glad I did since that 45-52’ish run was very quick and fun. An Iksar would have a notably more difficult time. I also spent a 57-60 without it and root rotting was fairly painful but I only had one spawn to kill. If I didn’t have better stuff to buy I’d buy it back (for the 5th time). It’s nice to kill an annoying green con or add dps to a duo since the epic won’t likely see full potential in a quick pull environment.

A Shaman with all the toys is fun. With bane and malo at 60 it’s still fun and very useful. If you enjoy the class just play it, OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . You might get lucky with a cliff golem Torpor (my duo buddy just let me mem it!) and I got a cheap Childs Tear from a casual guild golem race.

Note: Treants and then HK guards to 45 will likely get you close to JBB money dependent on what it costs on your server. Problem is ogres and trolls have fitment issues in HK so that’s mainly a Barb tip (or for a stubborn fatty). I did some hill giants too back prior to them having PH’s. It’s certainly possible but will likely slow down your xp path.
Last edited by Snaggles; 12-15-2022 at 09:13 AM..
Old 12-15-2022, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Each misty guard is 11pp.
You never killed 50+ hr.
People keep not reading for some reason. Misty Thicket Guards used to be on a 6 minute timer, and you could kill up to 6 of them (1 on the left side of the wall, 1 on the right side of the wall, 3 at the gate, and 1 in the tower close to the gate). Let's do the math!

6 Guards = 60 pp per 6 minutes minimum, plus they drop up to 1pp in loose coin.

There are 10 spawn cycles of the 6 guards in an hour, because 6 * 10 = 60 minutes.

So 60 * 10 = 600pp, not including coin droppage.

I usually couldn't perfectly get 10 cycles in an hour, it was usually 9, which is why I say 500-600pp. There were plenty of times where I logged in and nobody was camping the wall, so I had the whole thing to myself.

Misty Thicket Guards were this way for most of P99's history, they only changed the spawn timers a year or two ago to 30 minutes. There also used to be an extra guard or two on the wall like 4 or 5 years ago, one guard was on top of one of the towers, and there were four guards at the gate instead of 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What Crede said isn’t a misconception, it’s math.

As JBB does need to be constantly clicked. It’s a great sub for the epic when stuff has 2k hps and all you have is 16k plat (on blue). It melts HK bards and nobles in 8 clicks. Grobb Bashers though close to 16. Geos or Neriak Arena npcs like 32 or more. It’s by far more efficient than mana spells but it’s work, lol. You can kill 2+ spawns with it but your speed drops. It’s worth every plat you pay for it but isn’t “necessary” with an epic (nor should it be).

I rolled a JBB’able race never thinking I’d get an epic, especially to level with. I’m very glad I did since that 45-52’ish run was very quick and fun. An Iksar would have a notably more difficult time. I also spent a 57-60 without it and root rotting was fairly painful but I only had one spawn to kill. If I didn’t have better stuff to buy I’d buy it back (for the 5th time). It’s nice to kill an annoying green con or add dps to a duo since the epic won’t likely see full potential in a quick pull environment.

A Shaman with all the toys is fun. With bane and malo at 60 it’s still fun and very useful. If you enjoy the class just play it, OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] . You might get lucky with a cliff golem Torpor (my duo buddy just let me mem it!) and I got a cheap Childs Tear from a casual guild golem race.

Note: Treants and then HK guards to 45 will likely get you close to JBB money dependent on what it costs on your server. Problem is ogres and trolls have fitment issues in HK so that’s mainly a Barb tip (or for a stubborn fatty). I did some hill giants too back prior to them having PH’s. It’s certainly possible but will likely slow down your xp path.
You are correct, it is Math. JBB is 32 DPS, Epic is basically 16 DPS. Spamming JBB is the equivalent to Epic DoTing 2 mobs. I am not sure why people don't understand this. Usually Shamans are root rotting 3-4 mobs with Epic, so generally speaking JBB is about half as powerful as Epic. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule on both sides. If you are camping the two Giants at the bottom of the Frontier Mountains fort, JBB is the equivalent of Epic, because there are only 2 mobs down there, so you can only get up to 32 DPS from Epic. Conversely, if you are like level 58 and still in CoM, you probably could root rot 5-6 mobs since a lot of them are greened out at that point for 96 DPS.

With JBB spam I was getting 1 blue bubble an hour in PoM Rat Maze at level 59. Getting 1 Blue an hour solo 55+ is really good. As I said before, spamming JBB works if you don't root/rot. You slow tank one mob that you JBB spam, while rooting adds. When you kill the current mob you are on, you slow the next one, and rinse/repeat.

I never said JBB was necessary with an Epic. I said JBB is a great alternative to Epic if you can't afford it, because Epic is like 80K more expensive than JBB. It is much easier for a new player to farm 20k than it is for them for farm 100K or more.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-15-2022 at 11:21 AM..
Old 12-15-2022, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Bane takes 5 seconds to cast
Epic takes 9 seconds to cast
Together that’s 3073 damage. If you time it right you can root a mob and not take damage (which is basically mana).

A JBB needs 12 clicks assuming it doesn’t break root and you have to reset.
It takes 96 seconds to get those 12 clicks off if no interupts.

Either method you can face tank if you want or have to.
I can think of a lot of things to do in the remaining 82 seconds.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bane takes 5 seconds to cast
Epic takes 9 seconds to cast
Together that’s 3073 damage. If you time it right you can root a mob and not take damage (which is basically mana).

A JBB needs 12 clicks assuming it doesn’t break root and you have to reset.
It takes 96 seconds to get those 12 clicks off if no interupts.

Either method you can face tank if you want or have to.
I can think of a lot of things to do in the remaining 82 seconds.
The problem is a pre-torpor Shaman can't spam DoTs. They would run out of mana. To be clear, we are talking about a Shaman who isn't level 60.

You dont root the mob you JBB spam, you slow tank it.
Old 12-15-2022, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Inb4 1000 DSM replies
Old 12-15-2022, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Inb4 1000 DSM replies
I see your posts are still just nonsense. Why bother coming to these forums at all? You clearly aren't here to help other players.