Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-28-2022, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like they stuck too many zeros on the hp scaler. Xp mobs in the 50s should have more than enough hp to cap hp scaled aggro iirc.*

* i probably don’t

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-30-2022, 09:34 PM
Kobold

I personally tested it with my brother and we found that the Hate generated for the SPAs scales with HP. I believe it's roughly MOB HP/15 up to a CAP of 1200 for Spells and 400 for procs per element. Stuns have the 1200 or 400 capped plus any dmg done. Flash of Light has two SPAs, AC debuff, plus blind which should be 2400 hate on a 18,000+ HP Mob. Need to do more testing when I have time. Wess was generating about 1200 Hate on the high HP mob. Lines up with my theory because the Blinding Poison III has 3 effects, Blind, AC Debuff, and 4 Poison counters.
Old 12-31-2022, 05:55 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewallx39 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reading through patch notes and wondering if someone smarter than me can help decipher the aggro changes. Do these effect characters that cannot cast the spell (Warriors)?

Also what’s a SPA? My guess is “Spell proc aggro?” But that doesn’t seem right.

Rogean: for spell SPAs: AC/Atk Debuff, Snare, Slow, Blind, Stun, Fear, Spinstun, Charm, Mez.
Rogean: The SPA above are capped at 1200 aggro, or 400 if the player is not high enough level to use the spell (Ex: Procs).
Rogean: Removed an overall spell cap of 400 aggro if player was not high enough level for the spell. This is instead capped per SPA Above

If these do affect warrior procs am I reading this right that a debuff proc (like https://wiki.project1999.com/Frostbite_(Spell from Frostbringer) might have more aggro then a poison counter proc (https://wiki.project1999.com/Infestation)?
I googled it. SPA from what I could find, means SPell Affect. Here is two links that verify this: https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/SPA_list & https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...N6OCvx7RKiEkhc
Old 01-02-2023, 05:43 PM
Banned

Patch notes for this were kind of hard to parse if you aren't a p99 or eqemu dev.

That being said I was in a 6 hour karnor's hands group last night as a 57 war dual wielding a wavecrasher and frostbringer and really didn't have much trouble with aggro honestly. Had an ench in group, two monks a rogue and a druid healing.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

As an up and coming warrior who is using FB and Sarnak Warhammer, this stuff has made me balk at upgrading threat.

How is infestation performing? Wavecrasher? Looking to upgrade asap.
Old 01-05-2023, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As an up and coming warrior who is using FB and Sarnak Warhammer, this stuff has made me balk at upgrading threat.

Nothing will peel aggro off of a rogue. Only root and proximity aggro.

Infestation cannot hold aggro anymore. Wavecrasher does not hold aggro anymore.
Old 01-05-2023, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Infestation seems to be causing the same amount of aggro or better since patch. I’ve always felt wave crasher was way overrated. Just go for infestation mainhand and frostbringer OH until NToV
Old 01-05-2023, 06:44 PM
Aviak

I loved my wavecrasher when I used it, but certainly haven't since the patch.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Counters got nerfed. Feverblade, infestation are all junk now. So forget poison and disease based procs.

The procs are based on mobs HP as well, not mob level.

All procs are capped at 400, nothing except war epic is higher than 400

Epic is 600 on red blade, 675 on 2hander but ratio much better using the 1hand with fastest offhand you can get.

Disregard numbers from before, the low HP mob test don't count. Best test mob is the turtle with billion HP.

Swing agro is best for offhand so nev horn wins by a large amount. And red blade proc is best by far....that's all I got..
Old 01-06-2023, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

One guy says infestation is better now, one says it can’t keep aggro. What’s going on here?