Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-30-2022, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Default [Need Help ASAP] Lists and Lines For Camps

Hello, we are camping AC in OOT. There is a list, some people were on the list and logged out for like 30 to 1 hour. I thought they were gone, I was never told anything. Its my turn so it doesn't affect me, but they want me to make sure they are on the list. They sent logs showing themselves on the list earlier and said its the rules.

Can someone tell me the rules for this?
Old 12-30-2022, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiCiDE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello, we are camping AC in OOT. There is a list, some people were on the list and logged out for like 30 to 1 hour. I thought they were gone, I was never told anything. Its my turn so it doesn't affect me, but they want me to make sure they are on the list. They sent logs showing themselves on the list earlier and said its the rules.

Can someone tell me the rules for this?
I've heard of people logging onto their alts as they waited in line, but I'm not sure about logging out.

Seems kinda suspect..

Menden: Unofficially speaking, AC camp, sure. If you are next at the list I would stay near by so the trade off can happen quickly. If the list keeper gets his spawn and leaves and you are not there, you can lose the camp

https://wiki.project1999.com/Rulings...Camp_While_AFK
Old 12-30-2022, 12:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've heard of people logging onto their alts as they waited in line, but I'm not sure about logging out.

Seems kinda suspect..

Menden: Unofficially speaking, AC camp, sure. If you are next at the list I would stay near by so the trade off can happen quickly. If the list keeper gets his spawn and leaves and you are not there, you can lose the camp

https://wiki.project1999.com/Rulings...Camp_While_AFK
Thank you for the link.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Elf court declares its yours, they weren't online.

Players do that crazy thing of "bro I'll be on my level 6 wizard, his name is Soandso" - which isn't really in the spirit of any list.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:25 AM
Sarnak

The AC camp is a player run community agreement, not official camp rules.

There is a queue list and the player that holds the camp after AC spawns is STILL by server rules the holder of the camp and can give it to anyone he likes, techically anyway. As long as the PH isn’t left up for an unreasonable amount of time you have no right to interfere. Typically players camping AC allow people on the list to play on their alts and when AC pops or they tire they invite players on the list to show up and take over as per the player community agreement. As for what happens if someone enters a player agreement and breaks it, I believe GMs won’t look favorably upon it.

I.e. you are wrong. It’s not your camp.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRiCiDE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the link.
Note ”If he leaves” and ”can”. He basically says, if you can’t take over the camp in due time you can’t hold claim to the camp.

This is no different than someone camping anything else and giving it to their friend, it doesn’t matter if you were sitting there waiting for the camp.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the holder of the camp and can give it to anyone he likes, techically anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for what happens if someone enters a player agreement and breaks it, I believe GMs won’t look favorably upon it.
These two statements seem to be at odds. If you got the camp through a list, then giving it to whoever you want would seem to violate the agreement (that each person in the list gives it to the next).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-31-2022, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

If they are logged out for more than like 10-15 mins, I say they lose their spot. That small grace period is just to account for disconnects or zone crashing. It isn't really the responsibility of the list keeper to constantly /w the people in the list and check on them like a babysitter.

If you are playing an alt, stay online so you can be contacted when it's your turn. Ideally you should just afk park your toon there, thats what I did for Stormfeather. You are simply increasing your risk of losing your spot otherwise. If you are offline for an hour, there is no way to know if you are even coming back.

Logs are easily manipulated, so that isn't really proof of anything. You would need to ask the previous list holder to be sure.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-31-2022 at 12:27 PM..
Old 12-31-2022, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These two statements seem to be at odds. If you got the camp through a list, then giving it to whoever you want would seem to violate the agreement (that each person in the list gives it to the next).
No, because when the agreement is that you can add your alt onto the list you’re adhering to the agreement by playing your alt and logging back on ready to be handed the camp by the former campholder.

The confusion here stems from that one as per server camp rules cannot claim to still hold a camp if they logged off. This is a different situation entirely, the camp holder is still online and is about to pass it to whomever he wants (in this case honoring the player agreement).
Old 12-31-2022, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No, because when the agreement is that you can add your alt onto the list you’re adhering to the agreement by playing your alt and logging back on ready to be handed the camp by the former campholder.

The confusion here stems from that one as per server camp rules cannot claim to still hold a camp if they logged off. This is a different situation entirely, the camp holder is still online and is about to pass it to whomever he wants (in this case honoring the player agreement).
So you can hand the spot off to guild members and lock it down? Can a gm add to this? You should have to sit there if your on the list. No go "play alts" while you wait.