Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-02-2023, 11:45 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you for proving my point.
Old 02-02-2023, 11:47 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcaenus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me see if I can summarize it:
Want the AC camp? Go there and ask whoever has it to be added to the list. Then sit there, be social, help out on occasion, and wait your turn. When your turn comes, kill the AC, loot the ring, and pass the camp to the next person. Do not be a jerk and try to hand it over to someone else who has not been on the list, sitting, waiting. Do not be an ingrate and log off for 5 hours, then come back and try to convince the person now at the camp that you should get your spot back. Want to log on an alt and grind away in another zone? Feel free, but don't assume that the holder or the other people physically sitting at the camp waiting will (or should) honor your (supposed) position in line while they have been sitting there, bored as heck, putting in the time.
Shoulda said that in the first place, rather than just kinda shit out of your mouth. People are too damn used to bad MMOs and other games that give instant gratification rewards. The entirety of EQ is a timesink grind. Sometimes, that means sitting and doing literally nothing but waiting your turn.

DO. THE. WORK.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

Bring back the website that people signed up on in earlier green.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2023, 04:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcaenus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And apparently, judging by the original post and the plethora of inconsistent answers that followed, there really isn't an answer.
No there is an answer. We KNOW how outdoor camps work and we KNOW that you can pass a camp to anyone you want and that if someone has been waiting there physically in line normally doesn’t mean shit.

We KNOW that OOT AC camp works on a player agreement ruleset and that the devs have acknowledged it and ask players to respect it. We KNOW that the player agreement breaks from standard camp rules. Filter my posts.

What we afaik aren’t sure of is if the player agreement forbids anyone to be camped out whilst on the list. What I and many others can testify to is that this is not how it has worked. Initially I remember there being 30+ people on the list using Kingdom’s site and I’ve never had to stay at the camp except when adding myself to the list and when it was my turn. Maybe someone can find the old kingdom page with the player made rules.

What we don’t know is what happens if no one on the list shows in time to take over or if camp holder fails to clear PHs and someone else outside of list grabs the camp. We don’t know if that person has to repect the player agreement at all in fact, could possibly start corpsing rings or give it to their guild etc.

What’s clear is that TC has no idea how the system works and yet decides he was unfairly treated, which he wasn’t.
Old 02-03-2023, 04:48 PM
Aviak

/list this camp