Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

let's band together as a community and get what we deserve!

All 10 of us are dedicated hard working players who need a new server!
Old 09-19-2019, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohedron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
let's band together as a community and get what we deserve!

All 10 of us are dedicated hard working players who need a new server!

its not about that, its about all the people even in the official forums asking for the eq pvp community to get some love, we are completly forgotten. It shouldnt be like this tbh
Old 09-19-2019, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.
Yes.

Yes, but nothing I can explain right now.

Soon.

PRAS
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

I wouldn't hold your breath.
Old 09-19-2019, 11:38 PM
Aviak

Roz was amazing up till luclin dropped, great server. If you didnt like roz then clearly you either werent very good at pvp or you just dont like pvp. Would love a new fresh red server, sounds like allot of fun. Roz 2.0 is gonna be fun af in the meantime
Old 09-21-2019, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

I'd be cool with it. As long as we can /servercopy our existing chars to Blue so I didn't just waste countless KoS aggros from wife over these years for nothing.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im just wondering, we as a community are not even thinking on trying to petition them to make a red recycle server? we could try it guys, get together and ask for it even throw them some donations if needed, wathever. But i feel we deserve another chance like the blue guys will have.

thoughts? what could we try to do to change rogean and those guys minds? im up for anything, even donate.

PD: we do some crowdfunding, get some plats together and toss em to them see if they change their mind, im up for it
Give it time. you will have a new Red server in the next few years. It will be a recycle server like green. I guarantee you this. But it wont happen now. And they arent going to make red a recycle server just like they wont wipe red and start fresh. it isnt going to happen. No matter how many people you get to agree with you it still wont happen. You are beating your head against a wall.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONBAIT [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like exp penalty on a pvp death
That was THE worst experience ever and the worst way to invite people from Blue to join. Oh man! Who made that decision? ;D as soon as the patch turned off xp penalties, it was super fun to me. Except... it may have already been too late.

Most of the PvP action is 50+ (although I also particularly like 39~50 pvp, if population). If reset (and copy our current red's to blue), I don't want a Green pvp server... I just want a RED reboot!

* Same loot rules as now -- good
* SIGNIFICANT pre 50 xp boost. We're here for pvp and not pve. Give people a reason to ditch their other servers to do this.
* Keep current red experimental stuff -- pet window. Global ooc I REALLY like for pvp, but .... probably could do away with it if relaunch. Could automatically add global OOC if <x population?

Subjectively, when expansions are out there (or if population blows), allow /servercopy from blue to red to invite higher population. Even if people just copy their chars to dick around, that's more than we're experiencing now. Or maybe with a reboot, there may actually be a big flow of population where we wouldn't have to worry. The launch was just super unfortunate with the ruleset. And people coming for the pvp would have a grindfest, so no xp boost imo was a mistake.

I love my chars now, but ... I also love pvp. I tried Blue a bit and I just couldn't get into it. No thrill. No extra quest for sv gear. Guilds mean nothing - no trust system. No "infamous" people and no "heroes". Things have less meaning on Blue.

TL;DR: Copy current chars to blue, keep same rules, reboot with massive pre-50 xp boost, auto-grant global ooc when <x pop.
Last edited by mischief419; 09-23-2019 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-23-2019, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

tbh the exp boost and global /ooc is what i dislike most from red99. they are experience changers
Old 09-23-2019, 11:54 AM
Sarnak

They would never copy chars to blue, I don't even understand the argument for that. Red99 has 0 competition and pixels are handed out to brain dead players that just logged in and afk a couple times a week. If they make a new pvp server the chars would stay on red99 and then be copied from the new pvp server to red99 every cycle.
Closed Thread