Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Monk is my favorite, as it requires more creativity than other classes. Geometry makes every split a little different, while say Ranger plays essentially the same in ToV and Kael (I'm sure some Ranger will come along to dispute this).

Contrary to Eberron I think Enchanter is fairly straightforward; mostly it just requires constant attention for quick recharming and a bit of zone knowledge if you want to solo. But for raw power you can't beat Enchanter in all the way through Planes of Power. Enc/Clr/X can absolutely steamroll Kunark dungeons without respect using AE mez and tash. A great Green choice except that you don't need a Guise or Manastone!

Warrior is extremely straightforward, but you definitely feel like the center of attention and everyone depends on you not fucking up. It's also a great class for raid leading since you aren't doing quite so much yourself. I'm a big Sakuragi fan, but if I had to do it over again, I probably would have rolled a Paladin.

Bard is interesting and very powerful but it's just a ridiculous amount of clicking and I like to chat, so my bard is now stuck in the tunnel.

Necromancer is underrated here but in the end you are half gimp monk and half gimp enchanter.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:06 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My 60 Shaman is the reason I keep coming back to P99. I started him almost 5 years ago and ground hard, starting with nothing, all the way to 60, epic, Torp, the whole mess. Then I quit. I went and did some RL stuff, got addicted to Destiny for a while, but at a certain point, the pull of the P99 Torp Shammy always brings me back.

I quit again about not long into Velious to go play on Agnarr on live, and I leveled a chanter to 65, full AA's, Vex Thal, PoTime.... but I missed my shaman, so yet again I came back.

Every other truly powerful class is frantic. The Chanter is amazing, but lives on the knife's edge 24/7. The Bard is incredible, but constantly swapping and twisting and kiting all gets exhausting. Necro's are incredible as well, but they are still always a charm break, and FD fail, or a fear resist away from being a pile of bones.

But not the shaman, especially not the Torp shaman. The shaman is zen, the shaman is calm. His entire being exists to outlast you, to deplete your ability to continue to put up a meaningful fight. I cant even count the number of times I have been in a group and watched them pull 5 or 6 things by accident and start freaking out.

The shaman stays calm, roots one, then another, then another. Eventually the tank notices and moves so he stops getting hit by everything. 1 mob slowed, 2 mobs slowed, 3 mobs slowed, and now, methodically, baddy by baddy the tables are turned. The mobs can attack the shaman, he doesn't care, he ignores them, or poisons them if they annoy him enough. He never sits, he never stops, he never rests, and he never panics.

Nothing will ever compare to my shaman.
GooG joB haNdlinG daT ovR PuLL

Tyty <3
Old 09-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

I am greatly concerned that at the end game I am really going to be unhappy with my choice of rolling a necromancer.

I am tempted to do a monk, but I dont want a class that is going to be guilted into working hard at raids.

What is life like for a level 60 necromancer? Do you feel like a powerful lich? Or do you feel like a gimped monk and enchanter and just roll an alt one of those and end up full timing it and ghosting your necro?

Just curious.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ME wiZ iNAnOtHer LiVe! NeVaR aGin!!!
EiTher Me SiCk or LuV SK on EMU
GrEen B 5 tIMe TRy SmASh!!! No kNo Y luV muCh??! FuN??!
Haha! Your fifth play-through as an SK?
Old 09-19-2019, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

I had a Wizzy and SK on live. I loved my SK on live until they nerfed the class, then I liked my wizzy more because they finally added AA's that made him useful. The game in general finally got me pissed off enough because Sony made the content more and more a time sink. I couldn't find groups so I had to solo but exp was so slow it took hours just to progress. Sony's answer to not finding groups eventually became the mercenary and related quests but I was gone by then.
On P99 my lost love was being a druid. The nerfing of charming animal pets on live killed it for me but here on P99 it allows all classes to be what they should before Sony started changers and nerfs due to peer pressure from the players.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

This thread makes me want to play an enchanter.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Necros, much like bards, are the WD40 of eq. We make everything operate more smoothly. It’s not always glamorous (especially twitching in raids) but total power is more than most all classes in the game.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-19-2019 at 05:44 PM..
Old 09-19-2019, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread makes me want to play an enchanter.
Yeah. If you've never done it, you should try it. There are so many ways to win.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:08 PM
Banned

31 SK Red Launch - 2013 ban/retired
15 SK ReD 2012-2013 ban
15 SK RED 2012-2013 ban
40 SK Blue 2018 ban/retired
42 SK Blue 2019
25 DRU BLUE launch/retired

58 DRU ReD 2012 ban/retired
40 DRU RED 2013 deleted
44 DRU red 2014 retired
51 CLR RED 2014 soloish/retired