Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-03-2023, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

HEDS is the only surname a high elf should have. also lol at it taking nearly a page before someone pointed out literal 23 year old info about elf names.
Old 02-03-2023, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

had an RL friend on live, iksar monk, his surname was "Do`Vassir" for years and years

yes, he named his surname after the vulak gloves
Old 02-06-2023, 08:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HEDS is the only surname a high elf should have. also lol at it taking nearly a page before someone pointed out literal 23 year old info about elf names.
HIGH ELF DEATH SQUAD, MOUNT UP!
Old 02-08-2023, 01:01 PM
Kobold

I had a similar experience when I wanted "McClerf" as a surname for my Dwarf Cleric. The guide answered that all names must be elvish-themed. I made my case that the world isn't only populated by elves and that brawny NPCs like barbarians often had "McWhatever" in their surname. After a bit of back and forth, the guide accepted my arguments and granted me my surname.

Now, I can't find it again, but some time after I recall seeing somewhere in the wiki that one of the rules for naming PCs was that "all names must be elvish themed". I believe this could be the source of the problem, since guides only apply rules.

If we could find where this is written, perhaps we could make our case that "fantasy themed" would be better fitting than "elvish themed", considering we can play other races than elves. Do any of you know who has the power to change this rule and if there is a way to contact him/her to suggest the change?

RED
Xeptna Stargaze, Evoker of the 52nd Solstice
Skraaa Katau, Shaman of the 39th Season
Ashnod the Uncaring, Cleric of the 36th Sacrifice
Old 02-08-2023, 04:33 PM
Banned

Elven privilege....

We need to dismantle this system of Elven Supremacy.
Old 02-09-2023, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elven privilege....

We need to dismantle this system of Elven Supremacy.
Let's subvert the high elf public schools and slowly indoctrinate their low levels into accepting social equity.

Max cha high elf enchanters have been successful for too long! Eat the rich.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

I wonder if the command "only elf-themed names" came from someone who was thinking along the lines of "EQ is an 'elf sim', so we only want fantasy names when people are actually trying to 'sim an elf' (ie. have a fantasy character name)" ... but then it got taken literally as "only elfs get fancy names".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-09-2023, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Elves are simply better than all other races, and one of the ways this cultural superiority becomes apparent is in their languages and naming conventions.
Old 02-09-2023, 06:39 PM
Kobold

Looking forward to Ogre names like "Glurg" being banned, after all, they aren't elfish. We need big smelly ogres named "Lathanderial Pureleaf" otherwise its not classic.

https://ibb.co/Hzf1GsC
Last edited by Ghost of Starman; 02-09-2023 at 06:42 PM..
Old 02-10-2023, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elves are simply better than all other races, and one of the ways this cultural superiority becomes apparent is in their languages and naming conventions.
How's dealing with that Orc incursion on your borders going? You know, the one that's being underwritten by the evil versions of yourselves when your god decided that you weren't purple enough? The one that's been going on for quite a while and you don't seem to be making any headway on?

Better go set up another outpost on a continent you're not welcome in. That will show them for sure.