Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 02-09-2023, 01:00 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s no way to actually prove FSI is superior though. If you had a million hours of shaman logs on an ogre, and a million hours of shaman logs on a troll/iksar, what exactly would be your rating criteria?

Getting stunned just means it took you longer to cast a spell. But regen means you will have more mana to cast spells because you don’t need to cast torpor as much. There’s no way you could possibly tell how many times FSI saved your life either. Even if it did, why would that make it better? A rare death here and there from a stun doesn’t make it better. This is what you fail to realize.

FSI benefits on a shaman are all theorycraft. It doesn’t equate to anything. We can show that an iksar monk can probably pull longer than a human monk with regen ticking. And also tank better with the ac bonus. There’s nothing we can actually measure to say FSI is better on a shaman. I wouldn’t be surprised if the troll snare necklace has saved more lives than shaman FSI. We can tell an ogre warrior can actually position better and generate more aggro in the long term with FSI.

I’ve said it before like many others. FSI is a benefit in that it removes the annoyance of getting stunned for shamans. That’s it. And it might make you a better jbb caster. But spamming jbb isn’t shaman min max.

You’re attempting to “win” an endless debate. I don’t know why you’re so set on trying to prove FSI is king. It’s not gonna happen. People already have made up their minds on which is better to them.
I am not attempting to win anything. I post the facts and you get angry.

Refute the evidence I have provided, instead of falsely claiming there is no way to prove it lol. The only reason why you say that is because you know you have no data to back up your opinion.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 02-09-2023, 01:04 AM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not attempting to win anything. I post the facts and you get angry.

Refute the evidence I have provided, instead of falsely claiming there is no way to prove it lol. The only reason why you say that is because you know you have no data to back up your opinion.
968
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 02-09-2023, 08:27 AM
Snaggles Snaggles is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,019
Default

Lol Crede is right though. Regen for a class than can Canni = mana. Trolls and Iksars basically have FT4 while standing over the others. Often I canni down to like half health and just run to the next spot a few zones over. By the time you get there you are almost full health and saved a torp.

Free mana you don’t have to click a snare/heal for is nice too.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 02-09-2023, 09:49 AM
Toxigen Toxigen is offline
Planar Protector

Toxigen's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 3,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol Crede is right though. Regen for a class than can Canni = mana. Trolls and Iksars basically have FT4 while standing over the others. Often I canni down to like half health and just run to the next spot a few zones over. By the time you get there you are almost full health and saved a torp.

Free mana you donít have to click a snare/heal for is nice too.
Yeah, this.
__________________
ENC | MNK | WAR | ROG | CLR | DRU | SHM | NEC | PAL | BRD
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 02-09-2023, 09:52 AM
Allishia Allishia is offline
Fire Giant


Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
968
Lol stop picking on the ogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 02-09-2023, 10:37 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol Crede is right though. Regen for a class than can Canni = mana. Trolls and Iksars basically have FT4 while standing over the others. Often I canni down to like half health and just run to the next spot a few zones over. By the time you get there you are almost full health and saved a torp.

Free mana you don’t have to click a snare/heal for is nice too.
The problem is you don't get free mana if you aren't regenerating, and you fully recover before the next fight. Torpor is the equivalent of FT150. The difference between FT150 and FT154 is basically negligible due to the number already being so high.

A Cliff Golem takes 6 minutes to respawn, and you will fully recover your HP/Mana in 3 minutes. You are still waiting 3 minutes for the next spawn. Not regenerating HP or Mana. A Troll and an Ogre are no different in this scenario.

And if you want to canni to half health and regenerate across zones, you don't need Troll Regen to do that. Regrowth + Fungi Tunic will work just fine in that scenario.

The snare clicky sadly is also bad. It has the worst snare in the game, a long cast time, and a 30 second duration. You can't even use it to snare, camp, and come back to a mob that is now single. You'll still need a clickie/proc with a longer snare to do that. For mobs that gate, most of them can be fought on their spawn points to prevent that.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-09-2023 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 02-09-2023, 10:41 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol stop picking on the ogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't mind[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] He is trying really hard to make a joke, and failing spectacularly. He is just making himself look bad. But he will thank you for the pity reply, he is trying so hard.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 02-09-2023, 10:58 AM
Jimjam Jimjam is offline
Planar Protector

Jimjam's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 10,493
Default

Lets take the shaman stuff out of the tank sub forum?
__________________

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 02-09-2023, 10:59 AM
DeathsSilkyMist DeathsSilkyMist is offline
Planar Protector

DeathsSilkyMist's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets take the shaman stuff out of the tank sub forum?
The context here is OP made this thread due to another discussion in the priest section. That discussion was him hijacking a thread about JBBs to talk about FSI vs. Regen. This thread should have been started in the priest section to begin with.

Here is part of OP's original post in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
- There is no statistical results that show Ogre shaman are anymore successful at solo challenges than their counter parts
Due to how soon he made this thread after his last post in the priest section, and his specific reference to Ogre Shamans, this is obviously a spill-over thread from the previous discussion, in the wrong section.
__________________
Shamwowi Wipesalot - 60 Ogre Shaman
Bazgek Bonebreaker - 58 Troll Shadowknight
Do you have questions about Shaman races? Read my guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shamwow...man_Race_Guide
Want to see Shaman videos? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFU...zEFJVBIH3-jUog
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-09-2023 at 11:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 02-09-2023, 11:03 AM
Ripqozko Ripqozko is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The context here is OP made this thread due to another discussion in the priest section. That discussion was him hijacking a thread about JBBs to talk about FSI vs. Regen. This thread should have been started in the priest section to begin with.
965
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.