Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 07:14 AM
Fire Giant

Exclamation Make official price for tipping

I am here because I hear from a lot of people in gchat/group chat/OOC "how much do I tip"

The answer
Tip what you want/can, or simple always this below. FYI can always tip more, but I believe a lot less people will anon up if everyone follows below guidelines.

Porting
1pp per level at least, up to 35pp, If dead people will still gladly port you, maybe add the porter to your /note and tip him later, or extra on next port.

Ressing(Generally ressing takes half the clerics mana bar fyi)
0% 1pp per level at least, up to 35pp. This is pretty much a port to your body
50% res 1.5pp per level at least, up to 50pp
90% res 2pp per level at least, up to 100pp

Monks carry Peridots or rubies(if your a high roller).
Gear is acceptable tip. Just think of its mark value. Split paw high belt, isn't a tip..
Old 07-29-2020, 07:17 AM
Fire Giant

Buffs are a bit tricky
Generally I just tip like 10-30pp. Sow charge is 10pp, so tipping 10pp for sow is norm. But like full shmmy buffs, I tip 20-30pp depending on character lvl
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 07-29-2020, 07:21 AM
Planar Protector

Tipping is for cheapskates in EQ. Paying is for real men. Be a real man. Negotiate a price before your receive the service and pay them in full. Tips are extra on top of this.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tipping is for cheapskates in EQ. Paying is for real men. Be a real man. Negotiate a price before your receive the service and pay them in full. Tips are extra on top of this.
Former DAP senior officer here. This absolutely solves all tip problems ^^^^^^
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 07-29-2020, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah 1pp per level is dumb. Imagine telling a new warrior that they need to come up with like 15pp to get a port? Lol yeah ok
Old 07-31-2020, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah 1pp per level is dumb. Imagine telling a new warrior that they need to come up with like 15pp to get a port? Lol yeah ok
I think it's funny how people act like it would actually kill them to have to walk anywhere in this game. I'm fairly wealthy and I still walk just about everywhere, and still regularly ride boats. I detest people like you. Angry memories of the Rogue in West Commons who took 2 hours to get to Sol B because he couldn't find a teleport. It's a 10 minute walk, tops.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's funny how people act like it would actually kill them to have to walk anywhere in this game. I'm fairly wealthy and I still walk just about everywhere, and still regularly ride boats. I detest people like you. Angry memories of the Rogue in West Commons who took 2 hours to get to Sol B because he couldn't find a teleport. It's a 10 minute walk, tops.
Cool. Enjoy your walk from Mistmoore to Erudin dumb ass
Old 07-29-2020, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

lvl 5 warrior can afford 5pp. Or said person doesn't need to leave their area. Lvl 1s wanting to port somewhere are probably twinks. Also Lvl 4 spells are 1pp. If a lvl 4 can afford it so can a warrior[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 Cracked staff is 1 pp. So a lvl 2 can clearly afford 2pp.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Last edited by drackgon; 07-29-2020 at 09:44 AM..
Old 07-29-2020, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lvl 5 warrior can afford 5pp. Or said person doesn't need to leave their area. Lvl 1s wanting to port somewhere are probably twinks. Also Lvl 4 spells are 1pp. If a lvl 4 can afford it so can a warrior[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 Cracked staff is 1 pp. So a lvl 2 can clearly afford 2pp.
That's just dumb. A level 15-20 Warrior is probably quite broke. They're so gear dependent so their money has basically always been spent already and since most of the time they are grouping they don't get to make frequent vendor runs to pad their cash. As someone who mained a Warrior on live for years, 1pp per level would not have been possible to afford until I was in my late 40s (although now I would say it could be affordable in your 30s or something like that since we all know where the lower level plat camps are so a Warrior can farm those).

Now sure, I would take the boat a lot because I couldn't afford ports. But if you get a tell from a group across the world in a dungeon and you're trying to get there to tank you need a port and 1pp per level wouldn't have been doable. I mean damn back on live 10-15pp was the standard port tip regardless of level.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

@cd288

Warriors can generally carry more loot then most players, Warrior on green doenst need anything but banded, then bronze(1-2pp per ac) until 50, along with what a Halbard from HHP(20pp?) until 50. And don't say its not possiable bc most did it just recently on green. On live 10-15pp even I remember that. But this isn't live server where we had a wiki to where everyone and their mother knows whats worth money, or where to get it. Heck HQ bear hide, Bone chips, DF belts, CB pads.. Don't lie to youself. I made a fresh warrior on green(whos my like 6th alt) is lvl 20, Yeah I've not spent any money while palying him, and he still has like 150pp from looting a few items(and serious think looted only BC/Crack staff/HQ bear hides, Lightstones)
RIP<Gathered Might>
Last edited by drackgon; 07-29-2020 at 01:14 PM..
Closed Thread