Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Bump for update. It makes me cry when things rot.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember Sky being pretty much a ghost town after Velious launch so the ship may have sailed on making the most use out of MQs.

Still will be some guilds running it I suppose.
I may be projecting onto the rest of the Live raiding population what was my own ignorance back then, but I don't know how many guilds realized the wealth of good quest items that were available. I know that I only really regarded Sky as this annoying weekend-eating pain in the ass zone that was necessary for some epics. I certainly did not appreciate how nice so many of the quest items are. So given that, plus the fact that P99 guilds can wipe out Sky way more efficiently than Live guilds could, I would expect to see Sky still populated after Velious drops.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Having MQable Sky would be great.

There would be WAY less corpses on island 1 if people didn't need to key their alts to do quests. Just key their main and port up their alts to MQ full quests.

Also would make Sky a lot more bearable since you wouldn't see stuff rotting when you know people who couldn't make it one night needed an item.

But I understand its a large amount of effort to rewrite all the quests.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Was thinking about this last night...

Could this be crowd sourced out to the community? Post the code for all the PoSky quests, and then post the code for 1 of them rewritten to be MQable? And let us rewrite the other 83~ quests?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Bumping Daldaen's question. Is there anyway the community can help speed up the coding process?

It would be great for guilds to be able to swap MQ's for items various classes need or at the least bank rots for a class that missed the raid.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

It would be easy enough to rewrite it from a stand point of if you can run your own server like some / few here can do, but the only problem is, I dont know if P99 has different item numbers then the standard install has for PoSky items...Would need a special insight to the database to check the ID numbers of each item to ensure your rewriting the quest to be MQable would actually work on P99...even if we got it to work on a stand alone private server.

If it can be confirmed that the item numbers are the same here on P99 as they are on the run of the mill standard emu server you wouldnt need their coding, just use the ones the EMU installer server gives you and make minor adjustments then.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was thinking about this last night...

Could this be crowd sourced out to the community? Post the code for all the PoSky quests, and then post the code for 1 of them rewritten to be MQable? And let us rewrite the other 83~ quests?
Bumpulation.

How viable is this Nilbog?

We had a Rogue and Paladin 41% haste belt piece rot last night because no rogue or paladin was available to loot it. But we certainly had a few that just couldn't make the raid.

This makes me sad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Is there any chance it can be put out to the community to rewrite them?

I don't want this to take precedence over Velious stuff, but it'd be nice if we could help write the quests to be MQable.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Bump. Could we send this out to the community?

Show the code for a single MQable written sky quest then let us rewrite the other 71 sky quests to be MQable?

I'm sure we have people up to the task. I'd do my best to emulate the example quest if posted.

If this is something that is feasible but you'd prefer to limit PM me and I can do my best to help.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

I'd be on board to assist as well.

Fizzlelina Fizzlezalot <Castle> :: Gnome Necromancer :: Green
Welgrim Stoutslammer <Dawn Believers> :: Dwarf Cleric :: Blue
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Welgrim's Project 1999 files: https://p99.yourfirefly.com
Old 11-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Sarnak

likewise
Closed Thread