Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

I always tell the porter up front how much I'm paying, generally 40-50p.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 07-30-2020, 02:25 AM
Aviak

This should be fairly easy, when I'm on a non-porting char I send a tell along the lines of "Hey I'm at X rings, could you port me to Y rings for xxplat?" Works 99% of the time. Bonus points by /who all druid/wizard and look for people that are in zones that are port locations.

When I'm on my Druid in EF or LGuk and I get a tell "can u port me" I'm ignoring you, if I'm bumming around WC and have to have more than 2 or 3 tells to figure out where you are without /who'ing you, I'm ignoring you. I cut people breaks for tip prices and generally assume they're tipping whats fair to them. But if you're all twinked out or a fellow 46+ raider and you toss me 10p you're going on my ignore.

Majority of my <35 ports are 20-25p without asking, most of my 46+ ports are 50-100p without asking. If I don't feel like porting or am busy I /anon (though this isn't fool proof because of people knowing my name/class anyways. But c'mon, don't ask for a port if I'm in SolB. Once in a while I'll get a few low levels scrounge up 7p or something to port them out to the Karana's or whatever and that doesn't bother me when they are obviously a bunch of leather/cloth wearing dudes just out leveling.

I do roll my eyes at you when you ask for a free CR port and then start putting on your gear as you run away. Quick /ignore for you.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganVivisected [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do roll my eyes at you when you ask for a free CR port and then start putting on your gear as you run away. Quick /ignore for you.
hah! people actually do this? takes all kinds i guess.

your post pretty much calls out why I rarely port anybody who's not a guildie, it's too much effort to keep a do not port list. i'd rather farm SGs (or whatever) for cash, or just do without.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:31 PM
Aviak

How much does clarity count towards the tip?
Old 07-30-2020, 10:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tipping is for cheapskates in EQ. Paying is for real men. Be a real man. Negotiate a price before your receive the service and pay them in full. Tips are extra on top of this.
Former DAP senior officer here. This absolutely solves all tip problems ^^^^^^
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 07-30-2020, 10:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsbars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much does clarity count towards the tip?
None, because you just got a SoW too.
Appreciated though!
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 07-30-2020, 11:01 PM
Aviak

^^^ haha that’s fair! I’m a big advocate for simply auctioning or asking someone to port for X plat. That system being fair is dependent on the person being able to say no. Could a DAP person say no to a low plat straight offer like that?
Old 07-31-2020, 04:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeshan31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
now thats reasonable. Tipping 50pp is just insane
Well, gotta adjust for inflation. We're better-able to generate coin in 2020 than we were in 2000.

i constantly struggled with cash on my shaman in the pre-kunark era. Getting Totemic Armor was a huge chunk of money for me. The suit of banded, plus the cost of dufrenite was the big hurdle for me, not the other quest items. We're looking at a couple hundred platinum! That, plus the cost of spells, made the late 20's and early 30's an extremely cash-strapped time for me.

Of course, today, I know that exactly five feet south of those dufrenite-smashing ogres is a bandit camp that can generate a good amount of plat in coin drops, bronze weapons and bronze-exchangable sashes. It's not much i guess but it's honest farmin'. Had i known about that, i woulda had my full suit of totemic in a day or two, and my spells just a few hours after that.

Right now my main is 21 enchanter on green, almost fully geared for pre-planes, and with several hundred plat just sitting there. if I want to go somewhere, 30-50pp isn't out of the question because, well i only really need money for spells, and money is just a consequence of leveling now, not the huge hurdle it was in 2001.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganVivisected [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This should be fairly easy, when I'm on a non-porting char I send a tell along the lines of "Hey I'm at X rings, could you port me to Y rings for xxplat?" Works 99% of the time. Bonus points by /who all druid/wizard and look for people that are in zones that are port locations.

When I'm on my Druid in EF or LGuk and I get a tell "can u port me" I'm ignoring you, if I'm bumming around WC and have to have more than 2 or 3 tells to figure out where you are without /who'ing you, I'm ignoring you. I cut people breaks for tip prices and generally assume they're tipping whats fair to them. But if you're all twinked out or a fellow 46+ raider and you toss me 10p you're going on my ignore.

Majority of my <35 ports are 20-25p without asking, most of my 46+ ports are 50-100p without asking. If I don't feel like porting or am busy I /anon (though this isn't fool proof because of people knowing my name/class anyways. But c'mon, don't ask for a port if I'm in SolB. Once in a while I'll get a few low levels scrounge up 7p or something to port them out to the Karana's or whatever and that doesn't bother me when they are obviously a bunch of leather/cloth wearing dudes just out leveling.

Other porters I know operate like this and the rest should. If porting has value then pay appropriately for it, if it doesn't have value then run/boat.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:23 AM
Aviak

While we're on the subject... What's up with the droods who don't SoW with the port. 50 plat for a 30 second transaction and you can't even have the common decency to give a brotha some SoW? You just made the list buddy.
Closed Thread