Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Default Charisma and Clerics

So I'm in the process if getting gear together to create a cleric. I've read the wiki guides, the opinions of several prominent clerics/for unites...but my question is specific mainly for dwarves. So they start out with a rather dreadful 45 charisma and I'm wondering if would perhaps be with it to put some points into it at creation?

I know it mainly benefits pricing and the calm/lull line of spells but given Velious gear is it viable to put some points into it?
Old 09-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it mainly benefits pricing and the calm/lull line of spells but given Velious gear is it viable to put some points into it?
Levels are more important than CHA when it comes to pacifism spells. If you're banking, you can just equip some high CHA pieces, so putting starting points into CHA isn't helpful, at all.

Points are better spent on STA or WIS.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:07 PM
Kobold

The Calm/Lull helps with banking? Do they modify faction?
Old 09-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

No, I was talking about using CHA when you sell things to NPC vendors.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:36 AM
Planar Protector

It'll definitely help with lull, but a cleric that wants to lull a lot should be carrying a CHA set of gear, I'd stick with points in wisdom unless you're going full twink.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

Aye, it also really depends on what you will be doing. If you intend on doing a lot of dungeon solo/duo/trios and you will be lulling, it *may* be worth while to spend points on CHA + getting CHA gear. WIS only improves your max mana, but how often are you going 100 -> 0? Not often.

Conversely, a crit lull resist vs a successful lull can mean the difference between 5 mobs and 1.

I could see it argued either way, and honestly I wouldn't be opposed to going +CHA on a cleric if I made one since I really enjoy dungeon diving and I think lull is one of the most under-utilized tools people use.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:29 AM
Aviak

I'd say skip it. Chances are if you're in a dungeon you're with an enchanter. I was routinely able to calm my way through Seb up to king with something like 130-40 cha. And if that went wrong we can just root, memblur and move on.

That's easily attained via a charisma set. I found that wis was best to invest in. It's easily capped and I was able to fit more hp, mana and resist gear in. More so than if I put points into stamina.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

clerics make servicable pullers because on a crit you can DA, which gives time your party time to evac, root, mez, or run for a zone. however, if you really plan to use the lull line a lot, you might be better off rolling a race with higher base charisma.

being said, there are some great pieces for making a charisma set: kobold jester's crown from velks comes to mind, +30 right there, and a crude stein is another +15.
Old 09-13-2015, 12:14 AM
Kobold

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I ended up doing 5 to Agility to get to 75 and the rest in Wisdom.