Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 06:57 AM
Kobold

Default What mobs can see sneak in Kedge ?

Hey, I was thinking about exploring Kedge (including Phinney room) with my rogue, are there any mobs that see sneak there ?

Thanks for help !
Old 10-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

To my recollection the only one who can see through Hide is Estrella(named seahorse), unsure about Phinny tho, dont think he does.
Old 10-10-2016, 11:21 AM
Orc

http://wiki.project1999.com/Estrella_of_Gloomwater
Pretty sure it's just Estrella and the Swirlspine Guardians
Old 10-10-2016, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Just a nitpicky note on semantics, since we all know what you mean as a rogue using sneak, but... ***TECHNICALLY***

No mob in the entire game can see through sneak. Not a one. I too once contended otherwise in my wee nooblet days, but even as a warrior or a ranger, if you're successfully sneaking and you're not in the mob's line of sight, absolutely nothing - not even Kerafyrm (RIP) - will see you.

So what you meant to ask was, "What mobs can see through rogue hide in Kedge?" And keep in mind - rogue hide is a completely different attribute than racial hide or invisibility. Nearly every mob in the game, with some exceptions like fire giants, random PoH mobs, ST mobs, ToV bosses and flurry drakes, cannot see through rogue hide. Whether certain Kedge mobs are included in this short list I'm unsure of, but it's possible.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 10-10-2016 at 09:01 PM..
Old 10-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

I remember when that bug used to exist that would let me have sneak, hide, and invis song going at the same time on my bard. That was awesome. Could explore anywhere without getting aggro. I think that poofed when invis pulling was nerfed?
Old 10-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderklocke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember when that bug used to exist that would let me have sneak, hide, and invis song going at the same time on my bard. That was awesome. Could explore anywhere without getting aggro. I think that poofed when invis pulling was nerfed?

It was working again for a while when they unnerfed the rogue hide/sneak but it's definitely been fixed again now.
<Asgard>
Old 10-10-2016, 09:10 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, according to Ssaul you can still do that. I remember arguing with him about how he was able to explore a fully-spawned HoT and I was like "THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE", but apparently the backend mechanics for concurrent hiding + sneaking are really wonky and it allows for some bard shenanigans. Granted, bard sneaking is a lot slower than rogue sneaking, but still pretty cool. Sorry bards, in case the developers read this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2016, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Everything sees rogues in Kedge, because you aren't supposed to be able to start sneaking underwater. I said it.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Yikes.

From Allakhazam:

Quote:
Jul 29 2003 at 9:44
RE: moving hide???

You cannot start to sneak and hide underwater, but you can continue to sneak/hide from dry land into the water. Hurts in places like Kedge Keep.
From The Safehouse:

Quote:
10-25-04, 08:29 AM
re: Hide/Sneak across Zone Lines!!!!

Um, yeah, sneak/hide underwater has been in game for months now.

Your in KK, hit sneak first, which was new underwater as of like 4 months ago, then, I assume you have Nimble Evasion 5 since it costs almost nothing, so you'll have no problem activating hide, and now you swim all over.

And with full speed underwater sneak, Sony has basically fixed all the problems we've had dealing with water.

It's been a great year to love the Stealth aspect of you're rogue.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Yea super invis is a thing on bards

ive also seen it done with halflings somehow using racial sneak/hide
Closed Thread