Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 12:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default To the level 40 I ported last night with no tip..

I am a member of DAP, and I provide transportation services all across Norrath. I always try to provide quick expedient ports with as little downtime as possible. Last night I was once again providing ports, and a level 40 asked me for a ride to WC. After porting and sowing the individual, they ran off and provided no compensation or even a thank you. If this was a lower level or new player, I would completely understand and it wouldn’t bother me at all. Even if the player offered a thanks and said they had no money, I would be okay with that. However, there was no thank you for your time or not even 1 cp of compensation.

Please understand that ports cost both mana and time.. Time sent for porting you across Norrath, as well as time spent medding to regain mana. I will gladly port anyone, even if they have little to no money. I port for CR’s all the time. But for a high level player who was not on a CR, this was not the case. 98% of players on Green are understanding and generous. Some players have even been very generous with their tips. While I do not ever expect 50plat per port, I do expect that my services are compensated in some form or at least acknowledged by the other party. To this individual. Please do not ask me for a port again, as you will not be getting one.
Last edited by joshuarmccorkle; 01-05-2020 at 01:16 PM..
Old 01-05-2020, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Id be more pissed about the radio silence. That was ultra rare on my DAP character
Old 01-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

As a DAP member on Blue, your rant is inappropriate and does not follow the mission or rules of DAP. You are not permitted to set a minimum tip. You are also not permitted to rant about lack of tip on a public forum. You're welcome to rant in DAP guild chat instead.

Also, my apologies to those who utilize DAP services. This locker room talk should be contained within the guild.
Last edited by Meiva; 01-05-2020 at 01:05 PM..
Old 01-05-2020, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a DAP member on Blue, your rant is inappropriate and does not follow the mission or rules of DAP. You are not permitted to set a minimum tip. You are also not permitted to rant about lack of tip on a public forum. You're welcome to rant in DAP guild chat instead.

Also, my apologies to those who utilize DAP services. This locker room talk should be contained within the guild.
What kind of nazi police state is DAP running? You guys can't even express a little frustration over a clearly annoying situation, as an example for the rest of the community on how not to treat you guys?

OP, you were 100% justified to express yourself while not name shaming or launching into anything personal.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiva [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Damnnnnnnn when your own guildy comes in and roasts you on your own post!
Old 01-06-2020, 04:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Reciprocity is a fundamental trait of being human. So is gossip to ensure as much.

You stay quiet? We all lose.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-07-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

What? So you yourself add to the dirty laundry by rebuking a DaP member publicly? There's PMs and guild chat and dialaport forums for stuff like this. That's number one.

Number two is please know what you're talking about because you're making DaP look bad. DaP does not use the words "donations" or "tips" because DaP is a pay-for-port service. DaP members are totally allowed to set their own prices and charge whatever they want. While it's true that fare disputes should not be made public, no one was named here. For any clarification of these rules, please see the guild leader on your server.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? So you yourself add to the dirty laundry by rebuking a DaP member publicly? There's PMs and guild chat and dialaport forums for stuff like this. That's number one.

Number two is please know what you're talking about because you're making DaP look bad. DaP does not use the words "donations" or "tips" because DaP is a pay-for-port service. DaP members are totally allowed to set their own prices and charge whatever they want. While it's true that fare disputes should not be made public, no one was named here. For any clarification of these rules, please see the guild leader on your server.
I'd rather have this DAP member come out and rebuke OP publicly. Otherwise I would have thought DAP was a bunch of ranting whiners
Old 02-06-2020, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

I was thinking this, myself.
The amount of ports and potential gain that having the dap tag on your toon has given you should not be stepped on by your entitlement.
A tip by no means is mandatory to DaP or anyone. Hell no one really even owes you a thabk you as youre offering a servvice, its kind of someone to thank you. your not a port for pay service youre a port for donation service. if you want to start to expect a cirtain amount then drop your tag and /auction selling ports fir plat, scum bag. and we will see how ahead you come out
Old 02-06-2020, 11:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A tip by no means is mandatory to DaP or anyone. Hell no one really even owes you a thabk you as youre offering a servvice, its kind of someone to thank you. your not a port for pay service youre a port for donation service.
I'm a DaP and I'll quite swiftly add you to ignore if you're not kind enough to tip or even say thanks.
We are a taxi service and its not free unless you're on CR.

- Splixx
Closed Thread